where can I see this string in action (translation related)

where can I see this string in action (translation related)

Cristian Secară-2
Where or how can I see this string in action:

#: ../libgimp/gimpexport.c:444
#, c-format
msgid "%s plug-in needs to crop the layers to the image bounds"

?

--
Cristian Secară
https://www.secarica.ro

Re: where can I see this string in action (translation related)

Developers mailing list
TIFF exporting, I think

чт, 15 окт. 2020 г., 13:37 Cristian Secară <[hidden email]>:

> Where or how can I see this string in action:
>
> #: ../libgimp/gimpexport.c:444
> #, c-format
> msgid "%s plug-in needs to crop the layers to the image bounds"
>
> ?
>
> --
> Cristian Secară
> https://www.secarica.ro

Re: where can I see this string in action (translation related)

Cristian Secară-2
În data de Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:48:31 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine a scris:

> TIFF exporting, I think
>
> > Where or how can I see this string in action:
> >
> > #: ../libgimp/gimpexport.c:444
> > msgid "%s plug-in needs to crop the layers to the image bounds"

Not quite: the TIFF export dialog has another sting

#: ../plug-ins/ui/plug-in-file-tiff.ui.h:2
msgid "Cr_op layers to image bounds"

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 2:13 PM Cristian Secară <[hidden email]> wrote:

> În data de Thu, 15 Oct 2020 13:48:31 +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine a scris:
>
> > TIFF exporting, I think
> >
> > > Where or how can I see this string in action:
> > >
> > > #: ../libgimp/gimpexport.c:444
> > > msgid "%s plug-in needs to crop the layers to the image bounds"
> > >

> Not quite: the TIFF export dialog has another sting
>
> #: ../plug-ins/ui/plug-in-file-tiff.ui.h:2
> msgid "Cr_op layers to image bounds"

I'm not sure if it really matters. The translation is straightforward,
and the %s variable is just the name of the file plugin like TIFF or
PNG or whatever.