what means %s& (translation related)

Cristian Secară-2
I have this string (GIMP 2.9.x):

#: ../app/actions/view-actions.c:1145
msgid "_Flip %s& Rotate (%d°)"

What should replace %s here ?
If this one appears in View menu, then there the string displays as
"Flip & Rotate (0°)", i.e. nothing displayed before the &.

Or is this some kind of escape character ? I need to translate the & as
literal "and", so I need to know what to place before my translated
word.

Cristi

--
Cristian Secară
http://www.secărică.ro

Re: what means %s& (translation related)

Emil Brink
Hi!

By doing a quick Google, it looks like the %s here is replaced by:

- "(H+V) " when doing a horizontal and vertical flip,
- "(H) " when doing horizontal-only, and
- "(V) " when doing vertical-only.

Note the trailing spaces in all of the above, which make sure the "&" in
the format string is not right next to the ")".

These three strings are also marked for translation a few lines earlier in
the same file, so you should be seeing them, too.

Regards,

/Emil