what does the 'Link to brush default' toggle button ?

what does the 'Link to brush default' toggle button ?

Cristian Secară-2
On the brush panel, at the right side of every slider, there are two buttons: a single click button with the tooltip 'Reset [something] to brush's native [something]' (this one is ok) and a toggle button with the tooltip 'Link to brush default'.

Question: what is the purpose of this 'Link to brush default' ? I don't know where to look for a difference when I do something with that button pressed or released and I am also unable to find a description for its real usage.

Thank you,
Cristi

--
Cristian Secară