transform tool?

conscious
Hi,

1 question about GIMP, pls.

I DO NEED the tool distortion/transformation in different modes.

I mainly "photoshop" photos of my paintings. Which I have to photograph not sqairly because of light. SO on the photo the painting does not fill out the whole squair but has cut corners. SO I have to "distort/transform" the photo in such way that the painting appears squair again. DOes GIMP have such function/tool? What is it called there?

Thank you.

Sincerely, Irena

MY ART https://artistirena.com
BLOG https://artconsciousness.art.blog

Re: transform tool?

Users mailing list

On 7/14/20 4:43 AM, conscious wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1 question about GIMP, pls.
>
> I DO NEED the tool distortion/transformation in different modes.
>
> I mainly "photoshop" photos of my paintings. Which I have to photograph not sqairly because of light. SO on the photo the painting does not fill out the whole squair but has cut corners. SO I have to "distort/transform" the photo in such way that the painting appears squair again. DOes GIMP have such function/tool? What is it called there?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sincerely, Irena
>
> MY ART https://artistirena.com
> BLOG https://artconsciousness.art.blog

Hi!  GIMP does have transform tools:

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tools-transform.html

The 'Unified Transform' tool looks neat, but I haven't used it. I've
watched a video about it on YouTube and it looks powerful.

Hope the link above helps!

Peace...

Tom

Re: transform tool?

Users mailing list
 I use Tools>Transform Transform>Perspective to do this, especially when I take a photo of a picture, document or painting or sometimes for scenes containing buildings. Hope this helps.