spyrogimp untranslated

Developers mailing list
Hi devs,
for translating purpouses I use to compile GIMP from git.
I do not see any translation strings for the spyrogimp plug-in and yet I see it completely untranslated.
What am I doing wrong here?

TIA

--

Marco Ciampa

Re: spyrogimp untranslated

Developers mailing list
Hi Marco,

 I am pretty new to this.
 I submitted the patch for the documentation, but it didn't include the
generated files for translation.

 I guess that was wrong...

 I will figure it out and will submit an additional patch.
 Will get back to you when its done...

Elad

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 6:51 PM Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
> for translating purpouses I use to compile GIMP from git.
> I do not see any translation strings for the spyrogimp plug-in and yet I
> see it completely untranslated.
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> TIA
>
> --
>

> Marco Ciampa
>
> I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

Re: [Gimp-docs] spyrogimp untranslated

On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 05:51:14PM +0200, Marco Ciampa via gimp-docs-list wrote:
> Hi devs,
> for translating purpouses I use to compile GIMP from git.
> I do not see any translation strings for the spyrogimp plug-in and yet I see it completely untranslated.
> What am I doing wrong here?

Sorry I was unclear, I meant the GIMP application, not the manual.

I was trying to update the translation of the manual when I realized that
the specific dialog window was completely untranslated, yet no strings
were untranslated or fuzzy in the app...

Presumably my fault but I have no clue on how to fix it...

--

Marco Ciampa

On 4/3/19 2:04 AM, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 05:51:14PM +0200, Marco Ciampa via gimp-docs-list wrote:
>> Hi devs,
>> for translating purpouses I use to compile GIMP from git.
>> I do not see any translation strings for the spyrogimp plug-in and yet I see it completely untranslated.
>> What am I doing wrong here?
>>

> Sorry I was unclear, I meant the GIMP application, not the manual.
>
> I was trying to update the translation of the manual when I realized that
> the specific dialog window was completely untranslated, yet no strings
> were untranslated or fuzzy in the app...
>
> Presumably my fault but I have no clue on how to fix it...

Make sure to run intltool-update in the po-python/ directory -- that's
where the spyrogimp translation lives.  It should all work normally.

--
Ell

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 04:37:37AM -0400, Ell via gimp-developer-list wrote:

> On 4/3/19 2:04 AM, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 02, 2019 at 05:51:14PM +0200, Marco Ciampa via gimp-docs-list wrote:
> >> Hi devs,
> >> for translating purpouses I use to compile GIMP from git.
> >> I do not see any translation strings for the spyrogimp plug-in and yet I see it completely untranslated.
> >> What am I doing wrong here?
> >>

> > Sorry I was unclear, I meant the GIMP application, not the manual.
> >
> > I was trying to update the translation of the manual when I realized that
> > the specific dialog window was completely untranslated, yet no strings
> > were untranslated or fuzzy in the app...
> >
> > Presumably my fault but I have no clue on how to fix it...
>
> Make sure to run intltool-update in the po-python/ directory -- that's
> where the spyrogimp translation lives.  It should all work normally.

Oh my... yes you are right, I always check also that dir but I missed it
this time and I was convinced it was a "plug-in" so checked only the
po-plugins dir ...

Thanks!

--

Marco Ciampa