Quantcast

simmetry differences

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

simmetry differences

Developers mailing list
Hello devs!

A few little doubts in simmetry painting.

1) having both horizontal and vertical mirror simmetry painting that you
can enable individually and at the same time, what is for the central
simmetry for?

2) what is "disable brush transform" for?

TIA

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: simmetry differences

Jehan Pagès
Hi,

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello devs!
>
> A few little doubts in simmetry painting.
>
> 1) having both horizontal and vertical mirror simmetry painting that you
> can enable individually and at the same time, what is for the central
> simmetry for?

Well have you tried? If you have an horizontal and a vertical
symmetry, you get 3 points, very often you want a fourth one (the
central symmetry). But I have not made it automatic since maybe not.
Who knows? I know other software would imply the central symmetry if
you do horizontal + vertical, but I don't see this as that obvious.
Also you may also want only the central symmetry.

> 2) what is "disable brush transform" for?

Copying an answer I made a few day ago:

When you transform the drawing, the brush itself will end up
transformed as well. For instance, in a mirror transform, not only
will your drawing on the right of the canvas be mirrored on the left,
but the brush itself is obviously "flipped" on the left.
If for some reason, you wanted the drawn lines to be mirrored (or
other transformation) but not the brush outline itself, you could
check this box.

For obvious reason, you won't see it with symmetrical brushes though.
That's likely why you don't see the effect because many default
brushes are symmetrical.

Jehan

> TIA
>
> --
>
>
> Marco Ciampa
>
> I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.
>
> ------------------------
>
>  GNU/Linux User #78271
>  FSFE fellow #364
>
> ------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-developer-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list



--
ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net
Patreon: https://patreon.com/zemarmot
Tipeee: https://www.tipeee.com/zemarmot
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: simmetry differences

Developers mailing list
On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 02:55:17AM +0200, Jehan Pagès wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Marco Ciampa via gimp-developer-list
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hello devs!
> >
> > A few little doubts in simmetry painting.
> >
> > 1) having both horizontal and vertical mirror simmetry painting that you
> > can enable individually and at the same time, what is for the central
> > simmetry for?
>
> Well have you tried? If you have an horizontal and a vertical
> symmetry, you get 3 points, very often you want a fourth one (the
> central symmetry). But I have not made it automatic since maybe not.
> Who knows? I know other software would imply the central symmetry if
> you do horizontal + vertical, but I don't see this as that obvious.
> Also you may also want only the central symmetry.

Gosh I tried but not noted the 3 points instead of four, sorry!

>
> > 2) what is "disable brush transform" for?
>
> Copying an answer I made a few day ago:
>
> When you transform the drawing, the brush itself will end up
> transformed as well. For instance, in a mirror transform, not only
> will your drawing on the right of the canvas be mirrored on the left,
> but the brush itself is obviously "flipped" on the left.
> If for some reason, you wanted the drawn lines to be mirrored (or
> other transformation) but not the brush outline itself, you could
> check this box.
>
> For obvious reason, you won't see it with symmetrical brushes though.
> That's likely why you don't see the effect because many default
> brushes are symmetrical.

Well, by bad again. I tried with the "Pencil scratch" brush thinking it
was asimmetrical but it clearly isn't (I do not know why, though), with
"Sand Dunes (AP)" it works.

Sorry for the noise!


--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Loading...