save as mng

Pedro Figueiredo
Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious, but how can I
export a multi-layered image as a mng animation? I'm using
gimp 2.2.7, the help file mentions mng support but doesn't
give much information about it.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: save as mng

Emmanuel Billeaud
>Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious, but how can I
>export a multi-layered image as a mng animation? I'm using
>gimp 2.2.7, the help file mentions mng support but doesn't
>give much information about it.

        You can't !

        I've searched for mng, too, in alll way, from one side to another through the gimp and never find anything that allow me to save or export files as Mng !

        Or this function is really well hiden ...

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: save as mng

Roel Schroeven-2
Emmanuel Billeaud wrote:

>>Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious, but how can I
>>export a multi-layered image as a mng animation? I'm using
>>gimp 2.2.7, the help file mentions mng support but doesn't
>>give much information about it.
>

> You can't !
>
> I've searched for mng, too, in alll way, from one side to another through the gimp and never find anything that allow me to save or export files as Mng !
>
> Or this function is really well hiden ...

Have you tried using the mng plugin ?
If you really need it, you will need to compile it from sources. Maybe
if you still have some old gimp1.2 archives around, you can use the old
.exe (see link below) and add the missing files from the archives
(libgdk-0.dll can still be found on Tor website, but libgimp-1-2-0.dll I
cannot find it anywhere, so you need to install aan old gimp1.2, take
the file and deinstall the old gimp)
http://wingimp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/plug-ins/mng.exe
I do not guarantee this will not crash ;)

Regards,

Olivier

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: save as mng

Neil Turner
I have used some of the 1.2 exe plugins from the site below and confirm
that some may need additional dll files. Olivier suggests that
libgimp-1-2-0.dll may be difficult to find ....... well I have found a
copy and have uploaded it to the files section if anyone needs it.

Neil

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

> Emmanuel Billeaud wrote:
> >>Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious, but how can I
> >>export a multi-layered image as a mng animation? I'm using
> >>gimp 2.2.7, the help file mentions mng support but doesn't
> >>give much information about it.
> >

> > You can't !
> >
> > I've searched for mng, too, in alll way, from one side to another
> through the gimp and never find anything that allow me to save or
> export files as Mng !
> >
> > Or this function is really well hiden ...
>
> Have you tried using the mng plugin ?
> If you really need it, you will need to compile it from sources. Maybe
> if you still have some old gimp1.2 archives around, you can use the old
> .exe (see link below) and add the missing files from the archives
> (libgdk-0.dll can still be found on Tor website, but libgimp-1-2-0.dll I
> cannot find it anywhere, so you need to install aan old gimp1.2, take
> the file and deinstall the old gimp)
> http://wingimp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/plug-ins/mng.exe
> I do not guarantee this will not crash ;)
>
> Regards,
>
> Olivier

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: Re: save as mng

Emmanuel Billeaud
>Olivier Ripoll wrote:
>> Have you tried using the mng plugin ?
>> If you really need it, you will need to compile it from sources. Maybe
>> if you still have some old gimp1.2 archives around, you can use the old
>> .exe (see link below) and add the missing files from the archives
>> (libgdk-0.dll can still be found on Tor website, but libgimp-1-2-0.dll I
>> cannot find it anywhere, so you need to install aan old gimp1.2, take
>> the file and deinstall the old gimp)
>> http://wingimp.hp.infoseek.co.jp/files/plug-ins/mng.exe
>> I do not guarantee this will not crash ;)

>Neil wrote :
>I have used some of the 1.2 exe plugins from the site below and confirm
>that some may need additional dll files. Olivier suggests that
>libgimp-1-2-0.dll may be difficult to find ....... well I have found a
>copy and have uploaded it to the files section if anyone needs it.

        Thanks to you two !

        I will also try a linux-gimp with a live-cd distribution like knoppix.
        I've read it can -at least- "export" as mng.
        This could be easier to use than re-install gimp 1.2.x and manipulate some files ( and no risk of expected crash ;-) ).