Quantcast

resizing canvas question

carla
I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of intuitive functioning of this program I'm  just about ready to go back and pay for photoshop. Arghhh....
I have made a change in an image rotating part of it so that it now extends above the edge of the canvas. Resizing the canvas to layers does  nothing. I had similar problems extending the canvas when I added an image from another file but nothing worked to fix that problem either. It was all so easy in photoshop- why is this so difficult????

Re: resizing canvas question

Pat David
This is difficult because it's not Ps, and I get the impression you haven't
had a chance to read through he manual yet.

Perhaps you could upload an .xcf file that you're having problems with for
us to see? https://filebin.net the come back here and give us the link.
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM carla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of intuitive functioning of this
> program I'm  just about ready to go back and pay for photoshop. Arghhh....
> I have made a change in an image rotating part of it so that it now extends
> above the edge of the canvas. Resizing the canvas to layers does  nothing.
> had similar problems extending the canvas when I added an image from
> another
> file but nothing worked to fix that problem either. It was all so easy in
> photoshop- why is this so difficult????

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: resizing canvas question

Pat David
On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 12:31 PM carla <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Resizing the canvas to layers does  nothing.

How _exactly_ did you try to resize the canvas? What menu item did you
choose to do this?
--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

resizing canvas question

>I'm getting so frustrated with the lack of intuitive functioning of
>this
>program I'm  just about ready to go back and pay for photoshop.
>Arghhh....
>I have made a change in an image rotating part of it so that it now
>extends
>above the edge of the canvas. Resizing the canvas to layers does
>nothing. I
>had similar problems extending the canvas when I added an image from
>another
>file but nothing worked to fix that problem either. --snip--

Probably using the wrong tool or do not understand how the tool works or
expecting click-n-wish to work

Without greater details of the image you are using, all a bit of a guess but
this is a demo of

1. Image menu -> Fit Canvas To Layers

2. Image menu -> Resize Canvas

Either probably do the job, only 1 minute 30 seconds so no great epic.

https://youtu.be/2fgJX7msSEc