removing lines from scanned image

Helen Etters
I had hoped someone would respond to Laszio's Q of about 5 days ago,
because I have a similar Q.
In order to sign my printed photographs, I scanned my signature onto a
lined sheet of white paper.  Adding this to a photo shows the white
paper background as well as the black signature.
Does anyone know how Gimp can take just the signature, without the
line or the white background?
Thanks,
Helen

Re: removing lines from scanned image

Owen-24

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Helen wrote:

> I had hoped someone would respond to Laszio's Q of about 5 days ago,
> because I have a similar Q.
> In order to sign my printed photographs, I scanned my signature onto a
> lined sheet of white paper.  Adding this to a photo shows the white
> paper background as well as the black signature.
> Does anyone know how Gimp can take just the signature, without the
> line or the white background?
> Thanks,
> Helen

Try Image->Filters->Colors->Color to Alpha to remove the white

Try the eraser to remove the lines, though I would have written on plain
white paper to avoid the line issue

Owen