question on unlocking features

Users mailing list
hello, so I downloaded a template online and put it in gimp, but I cannot
erase or paint in it because those features are locked. It says something
along the lines of, cannot paint in group layers, on the bottom, something
like that. Wondering if there is a solution for this?

Re: question on unlocking features

Users mailing list
On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 7:25 AM Elbert Carmona via gimp-user-list wrote:

> hello, so I downloaded a template online and put it in gimp, but I cannot
> erase or paint in it because those features are locked. It says something
> along the lines of, cannot paint in group layers, on the bottom, something
> like that. Wondering if there is a solution for this?

Yes. Don't try painting on a layer group :) Select a regular layer.

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-layer-groups.html