plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

Helmut Jarausch
Hi,

for loading a raw image into Gimp, I'd like to use the nufraw plugin  
which allows for 16 bit color depth import.
When running this plugin I get an error message

Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif':
Procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif' not found.

Does anybody know what to do about this?

Many thanks for hint,
Helmut
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

Patrick Shanahan
* Helmut Jarausch <[hidden email]> [11-30-16 11:24]:

> Hi,
>
> for loading a raw image into Gimp, I'd like to use the nufraw plugin which
> allows for 16 bit color depth import.
> When running this plugin I get an error message
>
> Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif':
> Procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif' not found.
>
> Does anybody know what to do about this?

maybe, appears from what information you gave that the plug-in is not
where gimp expects it to be.  Move the plug-in or tell gimp where to find
it.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA          @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535                    
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                 @ http://linuxcounter.net
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

qsdqsd
In reply to this post by Helmut Jarausch
>Hi,
>
>for loading a raw image into Gimp, I'd like to use the nufraw plugin  
>which allows for 16 bit color depth import.
>When running this plugin I get an error message
>
>Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif':
>Procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif' not found.
>
>Does anybody know what to do about this?
>
>Many thanks for hint,
>Helmut

This in Kubuntu 16.04

Can not help with that message, maybe the way the gimp plugin is compiled.

I can get that error message using the nufraw-gimp plugin from the ubuntu ppa
'myway' Even with the error message, it works though but only 8 bit into Gimp
2.8.18 or Gimp 2.9.5.

For 16 bit straight into Gimp 2.9.5 then I had to compile the plugin (latest
0.38) with the Gimp 2.9 packages.

Works fine, a nice alternative to the other, IMHO over complicated options.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/347/original/nuFRaw.jpg

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

Users mailing list
In reply to this post by Patrick Shanahan

 First, check Edit-->Preferences-->Folders-->Plugins or -->Scripts, to see where GIMP is expecting to find the plugin.

Next, if it is where GIMP expects, then run GIMP from a terminal (just 'gimp' and return).
and check whatever messages are printed before the GIMP windows come up.
There may be a message related to your plugin - some problem could cause GIMP not to load the plugin;
therefore, when something tries to call the plugin, it is naturally "not found".


 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Shanahan <[hidden email]>
To: gimp-user-list <[hidden email]>
Sent: Wed, Nov 30, 2016 12:24 pm
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

* Helmut Jarausch <[hidden email]> [11-30-16 11:24]:

> Hi,
>
> for loading a raw image into Gimp, I'd like to use the nufraw plugin which
> allows for 16 bit color depth import.
> When running this plugin I get an error message
>
> Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif':
> Procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif' not found.
>
> Does anybody know what to do about this?

maybe, appears from what information you gave that the plug-in is not
where gimp expects it to be.  Move the plug-in or tell gimp where to find
it.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA @ptilopteri
http://en.opensuse.org    openSUSE Community Member    facebook/ptilopteri
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535                    
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                 @ http://linuxcounter.net
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

qsdqsd
In reply to this post by Helmut Jarausch
>Hi,
>
>for loading a raw image into Gimp, I'd like to use the nufraw plugin  
>which allows for 16 bit color depth import.
>When running this plugin I get an error message
>
>Calling error for procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif':
>Procedure 'plug-in-metadata-decode-exif' not found.
>
>Does anybody know what to do about this?
>
>Many thanks for hint,
>Helmut

A little digging around and the problem goes back to ufraw days.

https://sourceforge.net/p/ufraw/bugs/401/

I recompiled nufraw with Gimp 2.9.5, had a good look at the configure output,
added anything that was not found.

Ended up with a monster plugin 5MB. Still no good, the image opened in Gimp
2.9.5 has no metadata.

The same applies to the stand-alone nufraw, if sending directly to GIMP. In this
case exporting to a new file keeps metadata.

Where is "plug-in-metadata-decode-exif", not in any version of Gimp I use. I did
find one reference to it, an empty entry in Saule Goodes pdb database.

There is another error message, try and change the icc to something other than
sRGB

--
rich2005 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: plug-in-metadata-decode-exif

Helmut Jarausch
In reply to this post by Users mailing list
On 12/01/2016 03:50:04 AM, Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list wrote:

>
>  First, check Edit-->Preferences-->Folders-->Plugins or -->Scripts,  
> to see where GIMP is expecting to find the plugin.
>
> Next, if it is where GIMP expects, then run GIMP from a terminal  
> (just 'gimp' and return).
> and check whatever messages are printed before the GIMP windows come  
> up.
> There may be a message related to your plugin - some problem could  
> cause GIMP not to load the plugin;
> therefore, when something tries to call the plugin, it is naturally  
> "not found".
>

Thanks, but there is no thing any more (in Gimp >= 2.9).
So, I'm looking for a replacement.

Helmut
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list