Quantcast

plug in for gimp in Ubuntu

rich2005
hi all

Regarding "Batch Image Manipulation" - I would like to install this in GIMP in
Ubuntu 16.04.  However, the only version I can find is for windows - which I
have installed successfully in widows..  Can anyone help in finding a version
for Linux?

many thanks
John

--
JohnHaley (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

plug in for gimp in Ubuntu

rich2005
>hi all
>
>Regarding "Batch Image Manipulation" - I would like to install this in
>GIMP in Ubuntu 16.04.  However, the only version I can find is for
>windows - which I have installed successfully in widows..  Can anyone
>help in finding a version for Linux?
>
>many thanks
>John

BIMP compiles relatively easily, however if you are using 64 bit Ubuntu, try the
attached.

but first, there is a dependency, libpcre3 - probably already installed but
check/install anyway.

In a terminal execute.

sudo apt-get install libpcre3

It might already be there as the screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/VJofNo5.png  If
not continue and install.

Unzip the attached bimp.zip Move the file bimp118x64 to your Gimp profile folder
~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins It should already have permissions set, but check that it
is still marked as executable. Find it in the File menu, check the BIMP site for
details of use, although if you have already used in Win there is no difference
in linux.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/524/original/bimp.zip

plug in for gimp in Ubuntu

rich2005
>BIMP compiles relatively easily, however if you are using 64 bit
>Ubuntu, try the attached.
>
>but first, there is a dependency, libpcre3 - probably already
>installed but check/install anyway.
>
>In a terminal execute.
>
>sudo apt-get install libpcre3
>
>It might already be there as the screenshot:
>http://i.imgur.com/VJofNo5.png  If not continue and install.
>
>Unzip the attached bimp.zip Move the file bimp118x64 to your Gimp
>profile folder ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins It should already have permissions
>set, but check that it is still marked as executable. Find it in the
>File menu, check the BIMP site for details of use, although if you
>have already used in Win there is no difference in linux.
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Many thanks Rich - I will put advice to good use

--
JohnHaley (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: plug in for gimp in Ubuntu

Dana Huggard
Ubuntu has gimp in its application repository.  You can run    "sudo
apt-get install gimp"    to install it.

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 4:23 AM, JohnHaley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi all
>
> Regarding "Batch Image Manipulation" - I would like to install this in
> GIMP in
> Ubuntu 16.04.  However, the only version I can find is for windows - which
> have installed successfully in widows..  Can anyone help in finding a
> version
> for Linux?
>
> many thanks
> John
>
> --
> JohnHaley (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: plug in for gimp in Ubuntu

...I think JohnHaley wished to add the plug-in BIMP to his already-existing GIMP application...

I do not see  BIMP in my repositories, so apparently one needs to download the source from:
http://www.alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/

and then create binary from that and then add it to the GIMP plugin directories (for locations see
your Edit->Preferences, and expand the Folders section, looking for Plug-ins (probably) or Scripts (possibly)  ).

https://github.com/alessandrofrancesconi/gimp-plugin-bimp/issues/56
and
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2241274

show how to "make" the binary and "...Install" it in your system.

Note: they both indicate that a couple of libraries need to be present on your system for this to work.
Both files were available in my repo.s (for Lubuntu 16.10), so that should not be an issue for you.

If the above sites are not clear enough or there are problems, just Google "BIMP for Ubuntu", as I did,
and you will probably find what you need.