paste problem

Bugzilla from iw@ukulele.com
When I cut from one layer and paste to another, GIMP pastes the selection
in the center of the image instead of the same position where I cut it
from on the previous layer. Is there a configuration switch somewhere that
would change this behavior?

Thanks,
Wayne
GIMP 2.2.4

Re: paste problem

Carol Spears
On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:51:00AM -1000, wayne wrote:
> When I cut from one layer and paste to another, GIMP pastes the selection
> in the center of the image instead of the same position where I cut it
> from on the previous layer. Is there a configuration switch somewhere that
> would change this behavior?

no, not at this point in time.  also, changing this behavior would upset
the workflow of people who have been using gimp for a long while now.

one extra step will solve your problem.  before you copy, Layer -->Layer
to Image Size.  this is if you really did "cut" from a layer and not
simply select.

carol

Re: paste problem

Jim Clark

Not sure if this is the way you'd like to do this, but if I create a new layer after the "cut", and paste into this new layer, the selection remains where it was and is not centered. This new layer could be combined with another layer if it needs to be connected to something else, but this works fine for me, and the centering works when I want to do things that way.

Thanks-

Jim Clark

Re: paste problem

Sven Neumann

wayne <[hidden email]> writes:

> When I cut from one layer and paste to another, GIMP pastes the
> selection in the center of the image instead of the same position
> where I cut it from on the previous layer. Is there a configuration
> switch somewhere that would change this behavior?

Only if you clear the selection before you paste. If you just copy,
switch the active layer and paste, you should be pasting to the same
location.

Sven

Re: paste problem

On Monday 13 June 2005 11:09 am, Jim Clark wrote:

> Not sure if this is the way you'd like to do this, but if I create a new
> layer after the "cut", and paste into this new layer, the selection
> remains where it was and is not centered. This new layer could be
> combined with another layer if it needs to be connected to something
> else, but this works fine for me, and the centering works when I want to
> do things that way.
>
> Thanks-
>
> Jim Clark

Thanks Jim.