opening multipage postscript

Claudia Stolle

Hi,

when I opened a multipage postscript file with the gimp 1.2.5, it poped up each page from the file in an own window.
Some days before I changed to gimp version 2.2.4. When I open the multipage postscrip with that, it pops up only the first page.
Unfortunatly, I did not find any button to change to multipage opening.
Is the opening of only the first page a new charachteristic of gimp?
Or can anybody tell me how I can force gimp2.2 to open all pages out of one postscipt file?

Thanks a lot,
Claudia

Re: opening multipage postscript

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Claudia Stolle <[hidden email]> writes:

> when I opened a multipage postscript file with the gimp 1.2.5, it
> poped up each page from the file in an own window.  Some days before
> I changed to gimp version 2.2.4. When I open the multipage postscrip
> with that, it pops up only the first page.  Unfortunatly, I did not
> find any button to change to multipage opening.  Is the opening of
> only the first page a new charachteristic of gimp?  Or can anybody
> tell me how I can force gimp2.2 to open all pages out of one
> postscipt file?

It most probably opened the pages but as layers. Look below the first
page.

Perhaps we should popup a dialog telling the user that a multi-page
TIFF was loaded into multiple layers?

Sven

Re: opening multipage postscript

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
On Friday 17 June 2005 12:18, Claudia Stolle wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I opened a multipage postscript file with the gimp 1.2.5, it
> poped up each page from the file in an own window. Some days before
> I changed to gimp version 2.2.4. When I open the multipage
> postscrip with that, it pops up only the first page. Unfortunatly,
> I did not find any button to change to multipage opening. Is the
> opening of only the first page a new charachteristic of gimp? Or
> can anybody tell me how I can force gimp2.2 to open all pages out
> of one postscipt file?

Hi,

when you choose to open the file, it is the foruth field on the
dialogs that appear. "Pages". The tooltip instructs you on how it
shoudl be filled in (semicolon separated list of page numbers and
page ranges)

Sven: No, the postscript filter doesn 't open a file in multiple
layers yer, just multiple images.

> Thanks a lot,
> Claudia
> _____