need help with scanned images

ivan lópez
hi,

I'm scanning a booklet with the intention of making a PDF version of it.

The booklet is printed on green paper and I'm having problems with the
readability of the text. If you look at:

http://textzi.net/cosas/07.png

you'll see that the letters get a white edge around them that makes
them a bit hard to read. Do you have any suggestions for changing this
with the Gimp? Or should this be fixed directly when I scan the images?
If so, how?

thanks in advance,

ivan

http://textzi.net

Re: need help with scanned images

Carol Spears
On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 09:03:51PM -0500, ivan l??pez wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm scanning a booklet with the intention of making a PDF version of it.
>
> The booklet is printed on green paper and I'm having problems with the
> readability of the text. If you look at:
>
> http://textzi.net/cosas/07.png
>
> you'll see that the letters get a white edge around them that makes
> them a bit hard to read. Do you have any suggestions for changing this
> with the Gimp? Or should this be fixed directly when I scan the images?
> If so, how?

playing with the levels helped a lot.

then i went on to make a mask and apply this to the original.

after only a few minutes with the image, it seems to be easier to read:
http://carol.gimp.org/files/07.xcf

carol