name of the patterns

diego nassetti
Hi,

I'm wondering whether it's possible to change the way (new) patterns are
shown(created): two possible options:
*- first option*:
  change the name displayed, (currently the "comment") to see instead the
filename
*- second option:*
  change the default comment proposed when it is created from "created by
GIMP" to the filename.
Either solution will help the user better identifying the patterns shown
(to see "created by GIMP" is really useless...)

Thanks
Diego

Re: name of the patterns

Liam R E Quin
On Tue, 2017-05-30 at 11:15 +0200, diego nassetti wrote:
> [...]
>   change the default comment proposed when it is created from
> "created by GIMP" to the filename.
I've often contemplated writing a modification that would let you have
a default comment that could have %F (or whatever) for filename and so
on, %W and %H for width and height, as for title and status bar.

It would be expanded on image export if you had not explicitly set a
comment in the image.

Would that help?

Liam

--
Liam R E Quin <[hidden email]>
Web slave for fromoldbooks.org

Re: name of the patterns

Americo Gobbo
Hi,
for all GIMP assets based on raster (brushes and patterns) we have
procedures to create them... in these procedures we have the possibility
to choose a different name to show these assets on the list dialogs.
Would be interesting to have also the possibility to show this alias
name in Title & Status.
ciao
americo