locking up the tool windows

nuno alexandre
Hi,

Is it possible, somehow, to lockup the tool windows, so that It wont be
possible to
tear them apart by mistake ? because I do this sometimes, and then Its
impossible to
add the tools to the "main" window - so I have to delete the ~/.gimp dir
and setup everything like it was before.

Thanks.

ps: I dont remember if I wrote about this before, because I can't see my
own posts to the list, only the replies - problems with the list ?

                        nuno

--
"Non-free programs are dangerous to you and to your community.
        Don't let them get a place in your life." - RMS

Re: locking up the tool windows

nuno alexandre
On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 00:38 +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:

> ps: I dont remember if I wrote about this before, because I can't see my
> own posts to the list, only the replies - problems with the list ?

nevermind :) just saw the other posting about this.

                                nuno
--
"Non-free programs are dangerous to you and to your community.
        Don't let them get a place in your life." - RMS

Re: locking up the tool windows

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
On Wednesday 15 June 2005 19:38, nuno alexandre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible, somehow, to lockup the tool windows, so that It
> wont be possible to
> tear them apart by mistake ? because I do this sometimes, and then
> Its impossible to
> add the tools to the "main" window - so I have to delete the
> ~/.gimp dir and setup everything like it was before.

No locking, but there is a way to drag them back to the main window.
Just pick with the mouse next to the tools title, and drag it to
exactly the bottom part of the tools...by going up and down, you will
see that the small rectangle just before the window border changes
colro when you drag it over it. Just drop what you  are draging
there.

Regards,
        JS
        -><-

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 21:21 -0300, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:
> No locking, but there is a way to drag them back to the main window.
> Just pick with the mouse next to the tools title, and drag it to
> exactly the bottom part of the tools...by going up and down, you will
> see that the small rectangle just before the window border changes
> colro when you drag it over it. Just drop what you  are draging
> there.

Valeu, I'll remember that for next time ;)
Thanks.

                        nuno
--
"Non-free programs are dangerous to you and to your community.
        Don't let them get a place in your life." - RMS

Re: locking up the tool windows

Carol Spears
On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:38:35AM +0200, nuno alexandre wrote:

> Is it possible, somehow, to lockup the tool windows, so that It wont be
> possible to
> tear them apart by mistake ? because I do this sometimes, and then Its
> impossible to
> add the tools to the "main" window - so I have to delete the ~/.gimp dir
> and setup everything like it was before.

the dockable information is stored in ~/.gimp-2.n/sessionrc

when you get your tools and dialogs the way that you like them, you can
save a copy of this somewhere and replace it when things get messed up.

gimp writes the changes to this file when you quit.

carol