lag of scaling with mouse wheel

Alexander Rabtchevich-2
Hello

I have a permanent problem with scaling with mouse wheel. Due to a lag
between the wheel rotation and window scaling I often "overscale" an
image. Even smallest exceed rotations of the wheel lead me to waiting
until series of consequent scalings has finished. Is it possible to have
some setting in preferences to decrease the sensitivity of mouse wheel
for scaling (e.g. n ticks or degrees = 1 scale step) or to limit the
algorithm to make only few steps of scaling at once and don't take into
account further wheel rotations until the scaling has finished?

GIMP 2.9.5, linux Mint with mate.

With respect,
Alexander Rabtchevich