is there a rotoscoping tool

rich404
Trying to do something like this in this video, where I can just select an
object and cut round it  but with just one image and not a video.
https://youtu.be/bwudLlEi11Q
is it possible please?

--
robot (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: is there a rotoscoping tool

Liam R E Quin
On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 05:29 +0200, robot wrote:
> Trying to do something like this in this video, where I can just
> select an object and cut round it  but with just one image and not a
> video.

GIMP has a number of select tools you can use. There's the foreground
select tool and select by colour and free select, and you can use them
to add to or subtract from the selection.

Note that once you’ve done that, GIMP does NOT know whats behind the
person’s head. Actually neither does the program in that video, but it
knows more than GIMP because the head moves about on successive video
frames.

slave ankh

Click here to have the slave tied up with silk ropes.

is there a rotoscoping tool

>Trying to do something like this in this video, where I can just
>select an object and cut round it  but with just one image and not a
>video.
>https://youtu.be/bwudLlEi11Q
>is it possible please?

A quick look at the video and it seems that roto-scope  is a method of
extracting a defined area from a background.

All sorts of ways in Gimp. Do a search for extract foreground. There is such a
tool in Gimp. I did this little video (duration two and a bit minutes) as a demo
for someone who could not get their head around it.

https://youtu.be/d3QP4isEfi8

It is not my favourite. There is a good interactive foreground extract in the
gmic gimp plugin www.gmic.eu  Depending on the image, scissors tool to make a
selection or create a path around the subject and path-to-selection.