image warping

Developers mailing list
I sent this to the list but I didn’t get any confirmation or error email or
see it in the usual gimp-developer emails so I guess I’ll try again

 I'm working on this idea for physics but it seems like it could be pretty
good for image manipulation. I only know simple python so I don't think I
could manage a plug-in for Gimp but I can explain the formulas and how I
did the simple example I show in python if someone wants to try to add
it...

https://imgur.com/a/V3uoDyt

Re: image warping

Liam R E Quin
On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 00:35 -0400, Ben Thurston via gimp-developer-list
wrote:
> I sent this to the list but I didn’t get any confirmation or error
> email or
> see it in the usual gimp-developer emails

Yes - i did see your message but have been busy.

You could write a Python plug-in (script) for GIMP. There is also the
cage transform tool, which has a UI and can get somewhat similar
effects. The hard part is often designing the user interface. How would
a graphic artist - quite possibly one who ran screaming from "math" in
middle school and never looked back - create a warp effect using your
plugin?

Liam (slave ankh on IRC)

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/