Quantcast

image preview in file selection

Geoffrey-2
I thought I saw a thread on this before, but couldn't locate it via
google or the archives.

With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view
that the previous file selector had?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: image preview in file selection

Michael Schumacher
> With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view
> that the previous file selector had?

How about trying it yourself? :)

HTH,

+++ Neu: Echte DSL-Flatrates von GMX - Surfen ohne Limits +++
Always online ab 4,99 Euro/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: image preview in file selection

Olivier Ripoll
Michael Schumacher wrote:

>>With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view
>>that the previous file selector had?
>

> How about trying it yourself? :)
>

> HTH,
> Michael

Michael,

On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open" window.
If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me how, I would
like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Michael Schumacher wrote:
>>With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view
>>that the previous file selector had?
>

> How about trying it yourself? :)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.  The previous file selector
had it by default.  I'd be happy to 'try it myself' if I knew how to
enable it.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Re: Re: image preview in file selection

Tom.Williams

I'm running Gimp 2.2.6 on Windows 2000 and when I open a folder of images,
a thumbnail preview appears for each image I select.

I can send a screenshot if desired.

Peace....

Tom

             Olivier Ripoll
             <durocortorum73-g
             [hidden email]>                                             To
             Sent by:                  [hidden email]
             gimp-user-bounces                                          cc
             @lists.xcf.berkel
             ey.edu                                                Subject
                                       [Gimp-user] Re: image preview in
                                       file selection
             05/11/2005 02:08
             AM

Michael Schumacher wrote:

>>With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view
>>that the previous file selector had?
>

> How about trying it yourself? :)
>

> HTH,
> Michael

Michael,

On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open" window.
If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me how, I would
like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Re: Re: image preview in file selection

Sven Neumann

Olivier Ripoll <[hidden email]> writes:

> Michael,
>
> On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open"
> window. If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me
> how, I would like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

There is no reason why there shouldn't be thumbnails in the file
selector on Win32 and indeed a lot of users report that there are
thumbnails. So perhaps you should go to the Preferences dialog and
enable them again since most likely you just disabled them for
whatever reason. They are on by default.

Sven

Sven Neumann wrote:

> Olivier Ripoll <[hidden email]> writes:

>>On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open"
>>window. If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me
>>how, I would like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

> There is no reason why there shouldn't be thumbnails in the file
> selector on Win32 and indeed a lot of users report that there are
> thumbnails. So perhaps you should go to the Preferences dialog and
> enable them again since most likely you just disabled them for
> whatever reason. They are on by default.

Or get an OS that defines HOME by default (doing this manually on other
systems is left as an exercise to the reader :)

HTH,

The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de
Plug-ins > http://registry.gimp.org |

Olivier Ripoll wrote:

> Michael Schumacher wrote:
>
>>> With the new file selector, is it possible to have the thumbnail view
>>> that the previous file selector had?
>>

>> How about trying it yourself? :)
>>

>> HTH,
>> Michael
>>

> Michael,
>
> On Windows version of gimp, there is no thumbnail in the "open" window.
> If you know a way to have thumnails there, please tell me how, I would
> like to have it working as on my linux box at home.

What version of gimp are you running on your Linux box that has the
thumbnail?  When the file selector was changed, it went away, at least
on my system.  I'm running 2.0.4 here.

Sorry can't help you with windows, I "don't do windows."

Sven Neumann wrote:

> There is no reason why there shouldn't be thumbnails in the file
> selector on Win32 and indeed a lot of users report that there are
> thumbnails. So perhaps you should go to the Preferences dialog and
> enable them again since most likely you just disabled them for
> whatever reason. They are on by default.
>

> Sven

Oh, I thought these preferences were related to thumbnails written on
disk (like the old time .xvpics or the more recent freedesktop standard
or the ones the windows explorer is putting everywhere by default).

So is it possible to have thumbnails in the open window and nothing
saved on disk ? I do not care on linux to have thumbnails since my file
manager creates some (Rox-Filer), but under windows, it is undesirable.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Re: Re: image preview in file selection

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Olivier Ripoll <[hidden email]> writes:

> Oh, I thought these preferences were related to thumbnails written
> on disk (like the old time .xvpics or the more recent freedesktop
> standard or the ones the windows explorer is putting everywhere by
> default).
>
> So is it possible to have thumbnails in the open window and nothing
> saved on disk ? I do not care on linux to have thumbnails since my
> file manager creates some (Rox-Filer), but under windows, it is
> undesirable.

No, that is not possible. Either you allow GIMP to create and save the
thumbnails or you have to use the file chooser dialog w/o thumbnails.

Sven