image perspective

rich404
I'm trying to wrap a label around an object. I am able to use the bend curve
tool to achieve a satisfactory result. It's not great but I'll take it. I'm
having a real problem using the perspective tool. Most of the time the image
(label) ends up shrinking too much. I viewed a couple of tutorials where people
are wrapping different kinds of objects in labels. If I use an object i.e. jar
or can that is similar to the one in the tutorial the final image seems to come
out okay. If I have to use a random object the final image is a mess.  I'll post
a screenshot of my workspace. It may or may not help anyone come up with a
suggestion.  I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
direction.

Thanks

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1022/original/candle_screen_shot.JPG

--
Gimp_Noob (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

image perspective

rich404
>I'm trying to wrap a label around an object. I am able to use the bend
>curve tool to achieve a satisfactory result. It's not great but I'll
>take it. I'm having a real problem using the perspective tool. Most of
>the time the image (label) ends up shrinking too much. I viewed a
>couple of tutorials where people are wrapping different kinds of
>objects in labels. If I use an object i.e. jar or can that is similar
>to the one in the tutorial the final image seems to come out okay. If
>I have to use a random object the final image is a mess.  I'll post a
>screenshot of my workspace. It may or may not help anyone come up with
>a suggestion.  I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the
>right direction.
>
>Thanks

I would keep the upper and lower curves in the curve-bend filter parallel. If
you want to make adjustments, do them later.

There are other tools, warp-transform - not a wonderful choice or map-to-object
(cylinder) - can be effective but not so easy to use for this purpose.

This is just some of my thoughts, that might get you some sort of result.

https://youtu.be/GPykDXkU_Yw 5 minutes

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1023/original/label.jpg

Re: image perspective

On 10/05/18 04:59, Gimp_Noob wrote:

> I'm trying to wrap a label around an object. I am able to use the bend curve
> tool to achieve a satisfactory result. It's not great but I'll take it. I'm
> having a real problem using the perspective tool. Most of the time the image
> (label) ends up shrinking too much. I viewed a couple of tutorials where people
> are wrapping different kinds of objects in labels. If I use an object i.e. jar
> or can that is similar to the one in the tutorial the final image seems to come
> out okay. If I have to use a random object the final image is a mess.  I'll post
> a screenshot of my workspace. It may or may not help anyone come up with a
> suggestion.  I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right
> direction.

I would use Filters>Map>Map to object (cylinder)

A completely different solution if you start from a text layer is to use
the ofn-bend-path script:

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-bend-path