how do I do a batch rotate?

kearnck
hi, I'm pretty new to GIMP and I have a bunch of pictures (hundreds)
that I just want to rotate 90 or 270 degrees so they're upright.  Is
there a way to rotate all the pictures in a folder at once without
losing a bunch of quality?  I looked at some tutorials on writing
script-fu but it was pretty over my head.  Any help would be
appreciated, thanks.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: how do I do a batch rotate?

paul saumane
kearnck wrote:
> hi, I'm pretty new to GIMP and I have a bunch of pictures (hundreds)
> that I just want to rotate 90 or 270 degrees so they're upright.  Is
> there a way to rotate all the pictures in a folder at once without
> losing a bunch of quality?  I looked at some tutorials on writing
> script-fu but it was pretty over my head.  Any help would be
> appreciated, thanks.

GIMP is not an application for batch processing. So, for that purpose, you
have to associate it to some others like:
Xnview or Irfanview, which are really apps. for batch processing
Xnview: http://www.xnview.com

for Irfanview please, search!

regards

P.S.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: how do I do a batch rotate?

Stuart White
Also, if all you want is to rotate, Windows Explorer (in recent
versions of Windows) has this functionality built-in.

On 5/11/05, paul saumane <[hidden email]> wrote:

> kearnck wrote:
> > hi, I'm pretty new to GIMP and I have a bunch of pictures (hundreds)
> > that I just want to rotate 90 or 270 degrees so they're upright.  Is
> > there a way to rotate all the pictures in a folder at once without
> > losing a bunch of quality?  I looked at some tutorials on writing
> > script-fu but it was pretty over my head.  Any help would be
> > appreciated, thanks.
> >
> GIMP is not an application for batch processing. So, for that purpose, you
> have to associate it to some others like:
> Xnview or Irfanview, which are really apps. for batch processing
> Xnview: http://www.xnview.com
>
> for Irfanview please, search!
>
> regards
>
> P.S.
>

> List archives:
> to <mailto:[hidden email]>

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: how do I do a batch rotate?

Roel Schroeven-2
paul saumane wrote:

> kearnck wrote:
>
>>hi, I'm pretty new to GIMP and I have a bunch of pictures (hundreds)
>>that I just want to rotate 90 or 270 degrees so they're upright.  Is
>>there a way to rotate all the pictures in a folder at once without
>>losing a bunch of quality?  I looked at some tutorials on writing
>>script-fu but it was pretty over my head.  Any help would be
>>appreciated, thanks.
>>

> GIMP is not an application for batch processing. So, for that purpose, you
> have to associate it to some others like:
> Xnview or Irfanview, which are really apps. for batch processing
> Xnview: http://www.xnview.com
>
> for Irfanview please, search!
>
> regards
>
> P.S.
I agree that IrfanView ( http://www.irfanview.com/ ), imagemagick or
Xnview are better choices than scripting gimp for this task. Although it
cannot rotate images, sometimes, dbp ("David's Batch Processor"), a gimp
plugin can be used for batch processing. It can be found for windows at
http://schumaml.gmxhome.de/downloads/gimp/
and install in the "Xtns" menu

Best regards,

Olivier.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: how do I do a batch rotate?

kearnck
thanks everybody, I got the xnview program and it worked great, nice
little program, thanks.

--- In [hidden email], "kearnck" <kearnkirkwood@g...>