help required

Rajesh T.S
Hi all,
 I am very newly introduced to GIMP. now i need to do 2D image rotation and needs to read pixel values at some specified coordinates.
 can anyone guide me in this aspect by pointing to me any simple example codes  written using GIMP libraries ...

 Thanx in advance ...

 with regards,
-Rajesh TS

rajesh.vcf (171 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: help required

Michael Schumacher
Rajesh T.S wrote:
> Hi all,
>  I am very newly introduced to GIMP. now i need to do 2D image rotation
> and needs to read pixel values at some specified coordinates.
>  can anyone guide me in this aspect by pointing to me any simple example
> codes  written using GIMP libraries ...

First advice:

Configure your mailer to not send HTML and to not attach vcf files.

HTH,

The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de
Plug-ins > http://registry.gimp.org |

Re: help required

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
On Monday 02 May 2005 15:07, Michael Schumacher wrote:

> Rajesh T.S wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >  I am very newly introduced to GIMP. now i need to do 2D image
> > rotation and needs to read pixel values at some specified
> > coordinates. can anyone guide me in this aspect by pointing to me
> > any simple example codes  written using GIMP libraries ...
>
> First advice:
>
> Configure your mailer to not send HTML and to not attach vcf files.

And after the first advice, to answer your question:

If all you need is what you describe,m you are in agood position to
use the GIMP - Python bindings. You will be at a disvantadge if you
are in a non-posix OS, though, as GIMP-Python bindings do not build
on this peculiar platform.

Just install/compile gimp-python, check the example scripts
(sphre.py). If you need to learn python, 20 or 30 minutes at
www.gimp.org, pick the links to the tutorial, will do.

And them, just check what functions you need from the GIMP's PDB
(XTNS->PDB browser) , like the gimp_drawable_get_pixel  function.

It is not really hard.

You can also do similar in scheme and C languages, if you prefer,or
even perl.

Regards,

        JS
        -><-