help needed on gimp development

chin2-2
hi everyone
i'm new to gimp. and i am very excited about the project.. i'mm currently doing my engineering and would like to get involved in gimp development..
but sadly i know nothing about it would somebody be kind enough to help me start...
plzzzzzz

i downloaded the source code but coudnt understand a thing if somebody could help me create asimple plugin i mean something like creating a border then i woould learn by myself and stsrt writing some plugins of my own..
anybody who would like to help me can mail me at [hidden email]

so is there somebody who can show piy on this guy

--Nithin