grids with D&D mapss

Luthien
Hey all. Loving GIMP so far. I have a basic question I hope. I have map of
dungeon with no grids. I want to add grids but I am having trouble getting the
corner of grids to line up with the map. Eventually I want to import into Roll20

I am using the configure grid. I adjust the size of the grid. 70x70px what
roll20 uses. Hopefully I need the squares to be smaller to give the correct
perspective when using the token. Plus I need to align the edges of the squares
so tokens don't appear to be walking on the walls.

The internet doesn't have the greatest examples.

I have attached an example of what I am working with.

Thanks
Mitch

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1410/original/temple_of_elemental_evil_dungeon_level_2.jpg