gimp-remote-2.0

Maurice George
I've just updated my version to Gimp 2.2.4-2 under Xandros Linux 3 and I
get the following error message :

KDEInit could not launch gimp-remote-2.

Could anyone confirm that the easiest solution would be to delete the
reference to this file in KDEInit ? Or should I try to install
gimp-remote-2 ?

Many thanks.

Maurice George

Re: gimp-remote-2.0

Michael Schumacher
Maurice George wrote:

> I've just updated my version to Gimp 2.2.4-2 under Xandros Linux 3 and I
> get the following error message :
>
> KDEInit could not launch gimp-remote-2.
>
> Could anyone confirm that the easiest solution would be to delete the
> reference to this file in KDEInit ?

No.

> Or should I try to install gimp-remote-2 ?

Whoever packaged this version of GIMP left out gimp-remote-2 or confued
the names. You should report this to the maintainers of Xandros (or the
GIMP package, if these are different persons).

Blind guess: the program might be called gimp-remote (without the -2),
you could try this instrad.

HTH,

The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de