gimp plugins update

john-3
hi all there are new gimp plugins posted
they are built with gtk 2.6 and gimptool from gimp-2.2.6
also the cmd window nolonger opens when the plugin is started
except for the texturize plugin ,for some reason it still opens ?

hear is the link
http://johnscelestiapage.no-ip.com/GimpPlugins/
to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

Neil Turner
John

Thanks for posting these plugins which I downloaded today. Two unzipped
without any problem but none of the others would unzip.

Do you use a particular unzip utility? If not I'd be interested to hear
whether anyone else has experienced problems unzipping the files.

Thnaks for your time and effort in preparing these plugins for us. Neil

john wrote:

> hi all there are new gimp plugins posted
> they are built with gtk 2.6 and gimptool from gimp-2.2.6
> also the cmd window nolonger opens when the plugin is started
> except for the texturize plugin ,for some reason it still opens ?
>
> hear is the link
> http://johnscelestiapage.no-ip.com/GimpPlugins/
> ----------------
> no html
> h##p://johnscelestiapage.no-ip.com/GimpPlugins/

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

John Dolphin
g'day Neil
i used FilZip ( http://www.filzip.com/ )  and managed to unzip them with
no worries
i havent installed them into GIMP yet
but they all unzipped ok

John ( a diferent John ) D
my place - http://www.johndolphin.net

Neil Turner wrote:

>John
>
>Thanks for posting these plugins which I downloaded today. Two unzipped
>without any problem but none of the others would unzip.
>
>Do you use a particular unzip utility? If not I'd be interested to hear
>whether anyone else has experienced problems unzipping the files.
>
>Thnaks for your time and effort in preparing these plugins for us. Neil
>
>john wrote:
>
>>hi all there are new gimp plugins posted
>>they are built with gtk 2.6 and gimptool from gimp-2.2.6
>>also the cmd window nolonger opens when the plugin is started
>>except for the texturize plugin ,for some reason it still opens ?
>>
>>hear is the link
>>http://johnscelestiapage.no-ip.com/GimpPlugins/
>>----------------
>>no html
>>h##p://johnscelestiapage.no-ip.com/GimpPlugins/

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

david_bookbinder
Neil,

I was able to unzip the executables with Winzip with no problems.

- David

>Thanks for posting these plugins which I downloaded today. Two unzipped
>without any problem but none of the others would unzip.
>
>Do you use a particular unzip utility? If not I'd be interested to hear
>whether anyone else has experienced problems unzipping the files.
>
>Thnaks for your time and effort in preparing these plugins for us. Neil

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

Neil Turner
Thanks David and John - I have redownloaded them again and they have now
unzipped correctly.
Not sure what went wrong with the original downloads (they seemed to be
the correct size)

I guess we'll just put it down to yet "another of those one-off" glitches!

Neil

[hidden email] wrote:

> Neil,
>
> I was able to unzip the executables with Winzip with no problems.
>
> - David

i use 7-zip to zip-up the files and i find it to be a much better
prog. than winzip also many others have complained that winzip wont
open them
so i suggest that you switch to 7-zip

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

Tor Lillqvist
john writes:
 > so i suggest that you switch to 7-zip

Bah. Real Men use the command line "zip" and "unzip" programs. They
are Open Source, even.

--- In [hidden email], Tor Lillqvist <tml@i...> wrote:
> john writes:
>  > so i suggest that you switch to 7-zip
>
> Bah. Real Men use the command line "zip" and "unzip" programs. They
> are Open Source, even.
>
> --tml

hi tor for the time-being i am stuck on windows
i mean i could open mingw and tar,zip,bz2,rar,gz,...
but i can also right click and select all of the above from the menue
and seeing as i am a bad typest , and speller the menues are faster
for me .
also i have had no --as in none at all-- with the very old wintarball
or 7zip and be used from bash and cmd and the menue

  it is what i like so to each there own , you like the cmd i like the
menue

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

john-3

    I AM WITH YOU Jernej

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

staigermanus
--- In [hidden email], "john" <johnkvanvliet2005@y...>
wrote:
> i use 7-zip to zip-up the files and i find it to be a much better
> prog. than winzip also many others have complained that winzip wont
> open them
> so i suggest that you switch to 7-zip

I use Iceows  (was formely known as jarfolder). www.iceows.com
Awesome, installs right into the OS and you right-click on the files
and folders you want to (de)compress. Supports zip and 2 other
formats, including Ice files which can be more compact. Also supports
the password protection/locking and Checksum testing on zip.

There are versions for German, French, English,.... works great on
win98se and up to XP Pro

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: gimp plugins update

staigermanus
I forgot to mention, of course, Win XP has zip
compression/decompression  built-in. No need for winzip or the likes,
unless you like them for some of their added functionality