gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches

Misslo777
earlier today, I downloaded GIMP 2.10.8 on my Windows10 machine.

Since I'm a Photoshop guy that can no longer afford PS, I installed some tweaks
to make GIMP look and act more like PS.  These tips are readily available with a
google search, and I did nothing to the GIMP files other than what was directed.

The last thing I did was to install "layer-via-copy-cut.py", and that went fine.

I quit GIMP, and now it will no longer reopen.  I don't even get the splash
screen.

I try and start GIMP, I get the hourglass cursor for a few seconds, and I get
dumped back into the shell.  No errors, no diagnostic messages, no nothing.

I took out that last file and tried again, got the same behavior.

For what it's worth, this is not the first time I've seen this behavior on this
computer.  A different program, a UWP one named Focus10 also does it.  I can
usually just reboot the computer and I can execute the program again.

This does not happen with GIMP, however.

Can someone please advise me on how I can get GIMP running properly again?
Thanks so much!  <3

--
Anamacha (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches

Misslo777
I just tried again — I get the hourglass cursor for a little while, and GIMP
never launches.

I put quite a bit of work into customizing GIMP, so it's not exactly ideal to
uninstall and reinstall.  But I don't know what else to do.

--
Anamacha (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches

Misslo777
okay, I uninstalled GIMP, then reinstalled it.

Now I'm getting an error message:
C:\Program files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe

fatal error:  unhandled exception

what now?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1058/original/gimperror.png

--
Anamacha (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: gimp 2.10.8 no longer launches

Jernej =?utf-7?Q?Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0-?=
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018 09:37:07 +-0100, Anamacha wrote:

> fatal error:  unhandled exception

This error happened with the first two released installers for GIMP 2.10.8
- if your installer is not named gimp-2.10.8-setup-2.exe (note the -2
before .exe), please download the installer again, it should fix this
problem.

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >