free select lasso tool options

Users mailing list
Great job on the new release of the Gimp to all involved.

32 bit  in the Gimp and and not using Cinepaint is a dream :). I think
an option should be added to the free select lasso tool to confirm
selection automatically. I also noticed the gradient tool has such and
option. I know it is cool that you can edit the selection live in the
gimp it's like magic but having it in the new mode only really slows
down the use of the tool for many users. Look forward to your thoughts
on this.

Any thoughts on this are welcomed thanks again,

Nick.

Re: free select lasso tool options

Liam R E Quin
On Tue, 2018-10-09 at 01:55 +0000, Nicholas Carrington via gimp-user-
list wrote:
>  I know it is cool that you can edit the selection live in
> the gimp it's like magic but having it in the new mode only really
> slows down the use of the tool for many users.

Does it? Are there many people who just draw a loop with the lasso tool
and want it to make a selection right away, instead of using it to draw
and edit a shape?

Overall the GIMp team tends to favour workflows for experienced users,
but things that make life easier for a lot of users are ewlcomed if
they're not at the expense of others. But such a mode would have to be
the default for inexperienced peope to find it, right?

ankh (slave liam)

Click here to have the slave beaten.

Re: free select lasso tool options

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/2328

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 5:30 AM Nicholas Carrington via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great job on the new release of the Gimp to all involved.
>
> 32 bit  in the Gimp and and not using Cinepaint is a dream :). I think
> an option should be added to the free select lasso tool to confirm
> selection automatically. I also noticed the gradient tool has such and
> option. I know it is cool that you can edit the selection live in the
> gimp it's like magic but having it in the new mode only really slows
> down the use of the tool for many users. Look forward to your thoughts
> on this.
>
> Any thoughts on this are welcomed thanks again,
>
> Nick.

Re: free select lasso tool options

the "+" and "-" of the selection tools allows for a broad initial selection
followed by the aforementioned keys to tweak the original selection to what
is needed, do they not? therefore, can the user not select a broad range of
pixels and then narrow the selection with the "-" key to fulfill the
desired result from the initial selection? i have done this on many
occasion.

cheers