fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu)

rich2005
Hello,

I'm new here. I use GIMP quite a lot and so far without many problems (many
kudos for the developers!) but this one I can't solve:

Fix-ca (the chromatic aberration plug in) does not appear in the menu although
it is installed. It shows in the plug-in browser.

I have Ubuntu 16.04  64 bits. Gimp version 2.8.20.

I removed and reinstalled the complete plug in registry with the package
manager, but still it does not show up.

Any ideas??

--
Jan_FtFA (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu)

rich2005
>Hello,
>
>I'm new here. I use GIMP quite a lot and so far without many problems
>(many kudos for the developers!) but this one I can't solve:
>
>Fix-ca (the chromatic aberration plug in) does not appear in the menu
>although it is installed. It shows in the plug-in browser.
>
>I have Ubuntu 16.04  64 bits. Gimp version 2.8.20.
>
>I removed and reinstalled the complete plug in registry with the
>package manager, but still it does not show up.
>
>Any ideas??

I can confirm the file from the gimp-plugin-registry package does not work.
(possibly never been updated since the year dot)

Remove whatever you have installed, un-zip the attached zip archive. Put the
file fix-ca into your Gimp profile ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins

Screenshot is Kubuntu 16.04

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/536/original/fix-ca.zip
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/537/original/fix-ca.jpg

fix-ca not showing in menu (ubuntu)

rich2005
Rich2005:

You put a smile on my face! Works like a charm!

Thanks a lot!!

--
Jan_FtFA (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)