enlightenment traps ALT. what to do?

Tim Olsen
Hello.

My window manager, enlightenment, is trapping ALT key presses.  I
would like to be able to set a vertical guide at point measured by the
measuring tool.  This is done by pressing ALT and clicking the mouse.

I've tried shift-ALT but it appears enlightenment is trapping that too.

Has anyone had this problem before?  How do I get around this?

thanks,
Tim

Re: enlightenment traps ALT. what to do?

Olivier Ripoll
Tim Olsen wrote:

> Hello.
>
> My window manager, enlightenment, is trapping ALT key presses.  I
> would like to be able to set a vertical guide at point measured by the
> measuring tool.  This is done by pressing ALT and clicking the mouse.
>
> I've tried shift-ALT but it appears enlightenment is trapping that too.
>
> Has anyone had this problem before?  How do I get around this?
>
> thanks,
> Tim

If you are using E0.16, press CTRL+ALT. I do not know if it works for
the 0.17 version.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Re: Re: enlightenment traps ALT. what to do?

Tim Olsen
That places both vertical and horizontal guides (E16).  That's far
more usable than not being able to set a vertical guide at all
(without switching window managers).  But is there a way to just set a
vertical guide?

On 5/11/05, Olivier Ripoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tim Olsen wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > My window manager, enlightenment, is trapping ALT key presses.  I
> > would like to be able to set a vertical guide at point measured by the
> > measuring tool.  This is done by pressing ALT and clicking the mouse.
> >
> > I've tried shift-ALT but it appears enlightenment is trapping that too.
> >
> > Has anyone had this problem before?  How do I get around this?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Tim
>
> If you are using E0.16, press CTRL+ALT. I do not know if it works for
> the 0.17 version.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Olivier.

Re: Re: enlightenment traps ALT. what to do?

Tim Olsen
I think I figured it out.  If I hold down CTRL+ALT, release ALT, and
then click, gimp sets just a vertical guide.  That's weird; I would
have thought releasing CTRL would have done it since ALT is the key
for setting a vertical guide.

-Tim

On 5/13/05, Tim Olsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That places both vertical and horizontal guides (E16).  That's far
> more usable than not being able to set a vertical guide at all
> (without switching window managers).  But is there a way to just set a
> vertical guide?
>
> On 5/11/05, Olivier Ripoll <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Tim Olsen wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > My window manager, enlightenment, is trapping ALT key presses.  I
> > > would like to be able to set a vertical guide at point measured by the
> > > measuring tool.  This is done by pressing ALT and clicking the mouse.
> > >
> > > I've tried shift-ALT but it appears enlightenment is trapping that too.
> > >
> > > Has anyone had this problem before?  How do I get around this?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > Tim
> >
> > If you are using E0.16, press CTRL+ALT. I do not know if it works for
> > the 0.17 version.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Olivier.

Re: Re: enlightenment traps ALT. what to do?

Tim Olsen
Nevermind.  it sets a horizontal guide.  I need to get more sleep!  lol