don't reply

Users mailing list
I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical situation. May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your mothers taste my shit.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

Re: don't reply

Users mailing list
Oof. That’s harsh

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Pafh Pafh via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
> over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical situation.
> May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
> shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do
> this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
> c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
> fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
> mothers taste my shit.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

Re: don't reply

Users mailing list

There’s at least one or seven in every crowd.

> On 28 Jun 2019, at 02:14, Grandview Workshop via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Oof. That’s harsh
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Pafh Pafh via gimp-user-list <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
>> over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical situation.
>> May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
>> shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do
>> this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
>> c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
>> fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
>> mothers taste my shit.
>> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

Re: don't reply

Hm.  Looks like it did exactly what you asked it to do.  Exactly how it
should, given the options you've set. :)

Maybe this will help:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?single_app=photoshop

[hidden email]> wrote:

> I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
> over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical situation.
> May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
> shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do
> this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
> c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
> fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
> mothers taste my shit.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

Users mailing list
You realize you posted on a public mailing list?

--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

Users mailing list
I’m just concerned for you.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:11 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What did you not understand about my previous email? Why do you keep
> writing me? Are you a fag?
>
> On Friday, June 28, 2019, 04:05:30 PM MST, Pat David <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> You realize you posted on a public mailing list?
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It was my bad for posting that last night. It was after 12 beers. How do I
> get you Gimp fanboys to stop emailing now? I unsubscribed from the list but
> I'm still receiving emails. Please leave me a lone. I have enough problems
> without you all.
>
> On Friday, June 28, 2019, 03:11:02 PM MST, Pat David <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> Hm.  Looks like it did exactly what you asked it to do.  Exactly how it
> should, given the options you've set. :)
>
> Maybe this will help:
> https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?single_app=photoshop
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Pafh Pafh via gimp-user-list <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
> over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical situation.
> May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
> shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do
> this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
> c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
> fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
> mothers taste my shit.
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

> https://patdavid.net
> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
>
> --
> https://patdavid.net
> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

I do ... as did you. I stand by my comment. I too am sometimes frustrated
by the support I receive from community-supported open source software. But
I moderate that frustration by remembering I'm using FREE software and that
I'm the beneficiary of the work of countless people who contribute to that
software in their spare time (GIMP, Frescobaldi, Lilypond are my main open
source applications). Yes, sometimes things don't work right, but that's
the chance I take in not paying for Photoshop or Sibelius, eyc.. If I'm
unwilling to be realistic about that I shouldn't use Open Source software.
Some people believe themselves entitled for what they have not paid.

--

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
human existence.”

― Aristotle

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019, 6:05 PM Pat David via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> You realize you posted on a public mailing list?
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > It was my bad for posting that last night. It was after 12 beers. How do
> > get you Gimp fanboys to stop emailing now? I unsubscribed from the list
> but
> > I'm still receiving emails. Please leave me a lone. I have enough
> problems
> > without you all.
> >
> > On Friday, June 28, 2019, 03:11:02 PM MST, Pat David <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > Hm.  Looks like it did exactly what you asked it to do.  Exactly how it
> > should, given the options you've set. :)
> >
> > Maybe this will help:
> > https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?single_app=photoshop
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Pafh Pafh via gimp-user-list <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
> > over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical
> situation.
> > May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
> > shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do
> > this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
> > c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
> > fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
> > mothers taste my shit.
> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

> > --
> > https://patdavid.net
> > GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
> >
> --
> https://patdavid.net
> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

Thank you. I appreciate it.

--

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
human existence.”

― Aristotle

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019, 6:20 PM Pat David via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m just concerned for you.
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:11 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > What did you not understand about my previous email? Why do you keep
> > writing me? Are you a fag?
> >
> > On Friday, June 28, 2019, 04:05:30 PM MST, Pat David <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > You realize you posted on a public mailing list?
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > It was my bad for posting that last night. It was after 12 beers. How do
> > get you Gimp fanboys to stop emailing now? I unsubscribed from the list
> but
> > I'm still receiving emails. Please leave me a lone. I have enough
> problems
> > without you all.
> >
> > On Friday, June 28, 2019, 03:11:02 PM MST, Pat David <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > Hm.  Looks like it did exactly what you asked it to do.  Exactly how it
> > should, given the options you've set. :)
> >
> > Maybe this will help:
> > https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?single_app=photoshop
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Pafh Pafh via gimp-user-list <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
> > over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical
> situation.
> > May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
> > shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to do
> > this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
> > c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
> > fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
> > mothers taste my shit.
> > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

> > --
> > https://patdavid.net
> > GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
> >
> > --
> > https://patdavid.net
> > GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
> >
> --
> https://patdavid.net
> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

Users mailing list
Well without the negativity, can I just say I like GIMP? It works just fine
for me, personally, I’d use it over Photoshop, because it is free, but
easier to understand.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:23 PM Guy Stalnaker via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you. I appreciate it.
>
> --
>
> “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
> human existence.”
>
> ― Aristotle
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019, 6:20 PM Pat David via gimp-user-list <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’m just concerned for you.
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:11 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > What did you not understand about my previous email? Why do you keep
> > > writing me? Are you a fag?
> > >
> > > On Friday, June 28, 2019, 04:05:30 PM MST, Pat David <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > You realize you posted on a public mailing list?
> > >
> > > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Pafh Pafh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > It was my bad for posting that last night. It was after 12 beers. How
> do
> > > get you Gimp fanboys to stop emailing now? I unsubscribed from the list
> > but
> > > I'm still receiving emails. Please leave me a lone. I have enough
> > problems
> > > without you all.
> > >
> > > On Friday, June 28, 2019, 03:11:02 PM MST, Pat David <
> [hidden email]
> > >
> > > wrote:
> > >

> > > Hm.  Looks like it did exactly what you asked it to do.  Exactly how it
> > > should, given the options you've set. :)
> > >
> > > Maybe this will help:
> > > https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?single_app=photoshop
> > >
> > > On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM Pafh Pafh via gimp-user-list <
> > > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't want to hear your idiotic reply, Gimp developers. You fucked me
> > > over, the first time I needed your competence in a time-critical
> > situation.
> > > May your mothers burn in hell. Now I'll subscribe to Photoshop, you
> > > shit-eating mother fucks. Don't give me some shit about "you needed to
> do
> > > this instead". I'm not some fucking autist; I do what a normal
> > > c++-programmer would do, and when your program fails, it's your goddamn
> > > fault, not user-error. Fuck your whore mothers. Eat my shit. Let your
> > > mothers taste my shit.
> > > https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S9e4Rem_t-RtURsZWG_vZBX2qngQumrY

> > > --
> > > https://patdavid.net
> > > GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
> > >
> > > --
> > > https://patdavid.net
> > > GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
> > >
> > --
> > https://patdavid.net
> > GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

Rick Kline
I, too, like GIMP. Still learning, but started using it when I was at work and still using Photoshop, because some of the schools I did outreach with couldn’t afford a P’shop license.

Thanks to all who have worked so hard, and continue to do so, to make GIMP enjoyable.

Rick

p.s. If the original post was censored like a TV program, with a “beep” over each expletive, it would have sounded like a truck backing up. ;-)

 * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************
It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend
 * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************

> On Jun 28, 2019, at 10:57 PM, Grandview Workshop via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Well without the negativity, can I just say I like GIMP? It works just fine
> for me, personally, I’d use it over Photoshop, because it is free, but
> easier to understand.
>
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:23 PM Guy Stalnaker via gimp-user-list <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thank you. I appreciate it.
>>
>> --
>>
>> “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
>> human existence.”
>>
>> ― Aristotle
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019, 6:20 PM Pat David via gimp-user-list <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I’m just concerned for you.

>> [hidden email]

>> do
>>> but
>>> problems

>> [hidden email]

>>> situation.
>> do

>>> --
>>> https://patdavid.net
>>> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: don't reply

Users mailing list
Ditto what Rick said, and I’m still using 2.8! (The midst of a large project is no time to learn new technology—as I’ve proven countless times. I finally learned.)

Ross

> On Jun 28, 2019, at 10:04 PM, Rick Kline <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I, too, like GIMP. Still learning, but started using it when I was at work and still using Photoshop, because some of the schools I did outreach with couldn’t afford a P’shop license.
>
> Thanks to all who have worked so hard, and continue to do so, to make GIMP enjoyable.
>
> Rick
>
> p.s. If the original post was censored like a TV program, with a “beep” over each expletive, it would have sounded like a truck backing up. ;-)
>
> * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************
> It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend
> * * ** *** ***** ******** ************* *********************
>

>> On Jun 28, 2019, at 10:57 PM, Grandview Workshop via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Well without the negativity, can I just say I like GIMP? It works just fine
>> for me, personally, I’d use it over Photoshop, because it is free, but
>> easier to understand.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 6:23 PM Guy Stalnaker via gimp-user-list <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you. I appreciate it.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
>>> human existence.”
>>>
>>> ― Aristotle

>>> [hidden email]

>>> do

>>> [hidden email]

>>> do

Re: don't reply

Liam R E Quin
On Fri, 2019-06-28 at 22:25 -0500, Ross Martinek via gimp-user-list
wrote:
> Ditto what Rick said, and I’m still using 2.8! (The midst of a large
> project is no time to learn new technology—as I’ve proven countless
> times. I finally learned.)

Years ago i had a boss who would say “I’m too busy to learn a new
tool!” even if the new tool would save him hours or days of work.
Soemtimes i managed to get him to switch, though - it was the joys of
being bipolar i think.

But so much depends on the person and on the context and situation.

What matters is that 2.8 is working for you - and yes, GIMP is fun and
useful. It's not perfect, but who among us can say they are perfect?

As for Pafh-Pafh, a selection does not make an imperveous boundary -
rather, it makes a semi-permeable membrane: things can get in but not
out. This is because a selection is not a barrier but an enclosed
region. This is why in the video the selected black area gets white
stains on it, but the white outer area does not get black stains: the
white is outside the selection & hence unaffected. Please sacrifice two
pigeons and eat a pineapple.

Liam (slave ankh)

with pathetic useless vintage art to gawp at & tedious texts to read.

Click here to have the slave beaten.

Re: don't reply

On 6/29/19 1:21 AM, Guy Stalnaker via gimp-user-list wrote:
> Yes, sometimes things don't work right, but that's
> the chance I take in not paying for Photoshop or Sibelius, eyc..

Not working right is  a problem with all software. And not working right
and not being fixed happens even with very expensive software. At least
with open source you can hope that someone else can fix it.

Re: don't reply

Michael Schumacher

On 6/29/19 5:04 AM, Rick Kline wrote:

> p.s. If the original post was censored like a TV program, with a “beep” over each expletive, it would have sounded like a truck backing up. ;-)

Just for the records, I discarded one message by the original author
from the moderation queue - it was just a one-line insult.