difference between previous & skip back / next & skip forward (translation related)

difference between previous & skip back / next & skip forward (translation related)

Cristian Secară-2
I have these strings:

#: ../app/actions/context-actions.c:109
msgctxt "context-action"
msgid "Foreground: Use Previous Palette Color"

#: ../app/actions/context-actions.c:113
msgctxt "context-action"
msgid "Foreground: Use Next Palette Color"

#: ../app/actions/context-actions.c:117
msgctxt "context-action"
msgid "Foreground: Skip Back Palette Color"

#: ../app/actions/context-actions.c:121
msgctxt "context-action"
msgid "Foreground: Skip Forward Palette Color"

Question: what is the difference between use previous and skip back ? (and the same question for the other)

I don't know where exactly to spot these strings (seems a tooltip).
Similar strings exists also for Background.

On the internet I found some vague reference on the skip back/forward concept, which does not seem to differentiate from previous/next either:
https://www.matthewcassinelli.com/actions/skip-back/
https://www.matthewcassinelli.com/actions/skip-forward/

Cristi

--