developers communication

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

developers communication

Developers mailing list
Hi devs,

I would like to know where the devs ml/channel/comunication/whatever
really is, because this, in my opinion, this seems not to be the case.

I hardly believe that all developing effort comunication pass by here,
since the message rate seems to be very low.

I am asking this clarification because as a translator I need to keep up
and follow the devs' going on discussions.

One question for all: is it just my impression or the 2.10 dev branch is
slowing down and the master branch accelerating? Are we next to a GIMP
3.x version? For this reason, is it better that I less and less dedicate
my time on the 2.10 branch and start focusing on the master branch?
Please give me some hint...

I am asking this because I use to compile GIMP from source to be able to
incrementally translate it just to be ready when it will come out the
next stable version. I always miss the string freeze period (if there was
any) since I never seen any "string freeze announcement" in this list
(another reason why it seems dead or unused at all by devs), therfore I
usually just try to keep up with the devs branchs to assure that when
some new GIMP version comes out, that is completely or almost
completely translated.

Please help me optimizing my translation support,

TIA

Best,

PS: sorry for my bad English, my Italian is way better... ;-)

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: developers communication

Developers mailing list
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM Marco Ciampa wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> I would like to know where the devs ml/channel/comunication/whatever
> really is,

On IRC: #gimp channel at irc.gimp.org.

> One question for all: is it just my impression or the 2.10 dev branch is
> slowing down and the master branch accelerating?

The master branch gets all the new stuff, the gimp-2-10 branch gets
only the safe part of that -- both bugfixes and new features.

> Are we next to a GIMP 3.x version?

Absolutely not.

> For this reason, is it better that I less and less dedicate
> my time on the 2.10 branch and start focusing on the master branch?

As a translator, you shouldn't bother about the master branch right now.

Also, there is not much difference between the two branches, because
most new features end up in 2.10.x anyway.

Alex
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: developers communication

Developers mailing list
On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 11:33:37AM +0300, Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-developer-list wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 10:46 AM Marco Ciampa wrote:
> >
> > Hi devs,
> >
> > I would like to know where the devs ml/channel/comunication/whatever
> > really is,
>
> On IRC: #gimp channel at irc.gimp.org.

I see, thanks!

>
> > One question for all: is it just my impression or the 2.10 dev branch is
> > slowing down and the master branch accelerating?
>
> The master branch gets all the new stuff, the gimp-2-10 branch gets
> only the safe part of that -- both bugfixes and new features.
>
> > Are we next to a GIMP 3.x version?
>
> Absolutely not.

Phew, thanks! ;-)

>
> > For this reason, is it better that I less and less dedicate
> > my time on the 2.10 branch and start focusing on the master branch?
>
> As a translator, you shouldn't bother about the master branch right now.

Thanks again for this advice.

> Also, there is not much difference between the two branches, because
> most new features end up in 2.10.x anyway.

Good.

Sorry, I sometimes got paranoic and think to be missing something or
doing all wrong and such and so I, from time to time, need some
reaussurance. Thanks for the sympathy!

--


Marco Ciampa

I know a joke about UDP, but you might not get it.

------------------------

 GNU/Linux User #78271
 FSFE fellow #364

------------------------

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list