data set of users for reserach

My name is Gaston. I'm new in the community, I'm in my master studies and
doing research with my partner in the open source community  and I choose
Gimp.
there is something that  i can't see the data of the users, can i have the
user data on the ranking and how much they collaborate on the
development of gimp.
this can help to our research

thanks
Gaston

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: data set of users for reserach

Michael Schumacher

On 11/22/20 3:40 PM, Gaston Kofmansky via gimp-user-list wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Gaston,

> My name is Gaston. I'm new in the community, I'm in my master studies and
> doing research with my partner in the open source community  and I choose
> Gimp.
> there is something that  i can't see the data of the users, can i have the
> user data on the ranking and how much they collaborate on the
> development of gimp.
> this can help to our research

there is Open Hub, who collect the kind of statistics you are looking
for for pretty much all FLOSS software in public repositories.

They also cover GIMP:

https://www.openhub.net/p/gimp

Re: data set of users for reserach

Users mailing list
Can i export the data to excel or csv file?

Thanks
Gastón

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 at 18:47 Michael Schumacher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/22/20 3:40 PM, Gaston Kofmansky via gimp-user-list wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Gaston,
>
> > My name is Gaston. I'm new in the community, I'm in my master studies and
> > doing research with my partner in the open source community  and I choose
> > Gimp.
> > there is something that  i can't see the data of the users, can i have
> the
> > user data on the ranking and how much they collaborate on the
> > development of gimp.
> > this can help to our research
>
> there is Open Hub, who collect the kind of statistics you are looking
> for for pretty much all FLOSS software in public repositories.
>
> They also cover GIMP:
>
> https://www.openhub.net/p/gimp
>

> --
> Regards,
> Michael
> GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD

Re: data set of users for reserach

Users mailing list
On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:17 PM Gaston Kofmansky via gimp-user-list
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can i export the data to excel or csv file?

As far as I can tell, no.

There are, however, tools for git repo analysis, such as
https://github.com/ejwa/gitinspector.

Also, please note that this information is limited in several ways,
including but not limited to these:

1) you only get information about users who made a contribution, not all users.
2) part of the information is incorrect because back in CVS and SVN
days, contributors without write access to the repository could not be
directly credited as in 'commit author', instead, they were credited
in commit messages.
3) GIMP didn't always have a VCS at all.

Alexlex