creating white text with transparent background

creating white text with transparent background

Misslo777
Is there a resource, or a PDF, etc. that explains HOW TO create a new PNG
document with only WHITE TEXT ON A TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND?  Since the workspace
screen is white, what do you need to do to see the text you're creating in
white?  That's all I'm trying to do.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks!

--
Cortona0831 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: creating white text with transparent background

Users mailing list
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 2:16 PM Cortona0831  wrote:

> Is there a resource, or a PDF, etc. that explains HOW TO create a new PNG
> document with only WHITE TEXT ON A TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND?  Since the workspace
> screen is white, what do you need to do to see the text you're creating in
> white?  That's all I'm trying to do.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks!

1. File > New...
2. Expand 'Advanced options'
3. Fill with: Transparency.

On 12/12/18 7:06 AM, Cortona0831 wrote:
> Is there a resource, or a PDF, etc. that explains HOW TO create a new PNG
> document with only WHITE TEXT ON A TRANSPARENT BACKGROUND?  Since the workspace
> screen is white, what do you need to do to see the text you're creating in
> white?  That's all I'm trying to do.  Appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Just delete the default "Background" layer (Trashbin icon t the bottom
of the Layers list) or make it invisible (eye icon next the layer preview).