configuring GIMP 2.8 for Windows 10

Users mailing list
I have been using GIMP 2.8.22 in my old computer  (HP desktop OS: windows
vista home basic) for photo manipulation

for several years and wanted to continue with the same program in new
computer, an HP all-in-one running Windows 10. But I am having trouble
setting it up the same way as it was.

In Vista, when I launch GIMP, the toolbars and docks are pinned to the main
viewing frame and they appear the same each time GIMP launches. When I open
multiple images, they appear on the file bar at the top and open in the one
viewing window when selected.  (see screenshot GIMP 1)

In Windows 10, the toolbars and docks are not pinned to the viewing frame
and when I select another tool, the tool options is hidden beneath the
toolbox bar.  Also, each additional image opens in a new frame, instead of
in the main viewing frame. (screenshot GIMP 2 1)

Please either direct me to the section(s) of the GIMP manual that will tell
me how to configure the program or help me through it via email.  Thank you
in advance for any assistance.

Yours,

michael-leonard

Re: configuring GIMP 2.8 for Windows 10

Users mailing list
Please enable 'Single-window mode' in the Windows menu of GIMP.

Alex