can't move layers - the selection is empty

can't move layers - the selection is empty

Misslo777
This is like a weird gimp virus that has slowly taken over all my files on two
different PCs.

While a layer is clearly visible, when i use the Move Tool, it won't let me move
it.  there is a circle with a bar that appears when i hover over it.  underneath
is says The Selection is Empty.

i tried Alt, Ctrl Alt, Shift etc.
The float option is greyed out.
i tried selct all and then float, still the same problem.

Anyone else?  All of my layers have become immovable.

Steve

--
TorontoSongs (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

can't move layers - the selection is empty

Misslo777
>This is like a weird gimp virus that has slowly taken over all my
>files on two different PCs.
>
>While a layer is clearly visible, when i use the Move Tool, it won't
>let me move it.  there is a circle with a bar that appears when i
>hover over it.  underneath is says The Selection is Empty.
>
>i tried Alt, Ctrl Alt, Shift etc.
>The float option is greyed out.
>i tried selct all and then float, still the same problem.
>
>Anyone else?  All of my layers have become immovable.
>
>Steve

The move tool is in the wrong mode. Select the first icon in the move tool
options - layer mode

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1064/original/layer_mode.jpg

can't move layers - the selection is empty

Misslo777
Rich, thank you so much!  Have a great day.

--
TorontoSongs (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)