batch remove layer

I have some drawings (a couple of hundreds) that have a paspartout around them,
a white border. The paspartout is on a different layer, also called
'paspartout'.

Is there a way to remove the 'paspartout' layer in all the files at once in
batch mode? The files are psd files and the paspartout is always the last layer
added, so sometimes it is the 6th, sometimes the 13th.

Or, alternativaly, is it possible to rename the paspartout layer and assign it a
number? Because with imagemagick I know how to remove a layer, but not when it
has a name (-delete only works with numbers...)

--
matroosje (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: batch remove layer

Ofnuts-2
On 22/02/17 16:04, matroosje wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some drawings (a couple of hundreds) that have a paspartout around them,
> a white border. The paspartout is on a different layer, also called
> 'paspartout'.
>
> Is there a way to remove the 'paspartout' layer in all the files at once in
> batch mode? The files are psd files and the paspartout is always the last layer
> added, so sometimes it is the 6th, sometimes the 13th.
>
> Or, alternativaly, is it possible to rename the paspartout layer and assign it a
> number? Because with imagemagick I know how to remove a layer, but not when it
> has a name (-delete only works with numbers...)

See my ofn-remove-top-layer script here:
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/> and use it
with the BIMP plugin to apply it to all images.

This said, the ImageMagick help says:

-delete {index}:  delete the images specified by index, from the image
sequence.Specify the image by its index in the sequence. The first image
is index 0.

batch remove layer

rich2005
>See my ofn-remove-top-layer script here:
><https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/> and use
>it
>with the BIMP plugin to apply it to all images.
>
>This said, the ImageMagick help says:
>
>-delete {index}:  delete the images specified by index, from the image
>sequence.Specify the image by its index in the sequence. The first
>image
>is index 0.

Hi, thanks,

I installed your plugin and the BIMP plugin, and I found your plugin under
image/remove top layer. It works well, and does exactly what I want, but I don't
know how to use it with the BIMP. How do I do that (I'm not an experienced GIMP
user...). I cannot seem to find it in the long list of Other Gimp procedure...

ImageMagick deletes images specified by index, but the problem is the top layer
has a different index number in most files. There is no way, I think, to say:
delete top layer. Or is there?

--
matroosje (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

batch remove layer

rich2005
>Hi, thanks,
>
>I installed your plugin and the BIMP plugin, and I found your plugin
>under image/remove top layer. It works well, and does exactly what I
>want, but I don't know how to use it with the BIMP. How do I do that
>(I'm not an experienced GIMP user...). I cannot seem to find it in the
>long list of Other Gimp procedure...
>
>ImageMagick deletes images specified by index, but the problem is the
>top layer has a different index number in most files. There is no way,
>I think, to say: delete top layer. Or is there?

apparently there is. Delete works with negative numbers, so:

mogrify -delete -1 -flatten -format png *.psd

removes the top layer (and flattens the rest and converts the images to png)

I would still like to know how to use your plugin (remove top layer) with the
BIMP though.

--
matroosje (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)