Quantcast

XP-PEN Tablet

oneaty
Hi,

Just purchased an XP-Pen STAR 03 tablet. Installed the drivers and can see the
pressure (2048) change in the app that came with the tablet.

In GIMP 2.8(latest) > Configure Input devices. I can see the device as a "3
button stylus pen". If i leave the mode to disable then I can draw on a canvas
(but no pressure sensitivity)

If i select screen or window then I can no longer draw on the canvas.. the
cursor is no longer a circle/paintbrush (see second screengrab) as if the cursor
is off the page..

Weird thing is.. 2.6 GIMP seems to work (after a fashion...)

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/367/original/Capture.PNG
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/368/original/DSC_0054.JPG

--
djcslip (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

XP-PEN Tablet

oneaty
Hi, had the same problem, but found a solution (and just registered here to brag
about it... ;)).

The GIMP configuration is correct, i.e. change the tablet action from disabled
to "screen".
But Windows has a pen system setting which translates from German (sorry)
roughly as pen and finger input.
On the second tab "movements" you need to untick the movement box.

Then it should work fine.
Please let me know your result.

Cheers, Björn

* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/484/original/GIMP_Setting_System_Tray.jpg

--
BjoernML (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

XP-PEN Tablet

oneaty
Update 2017-02-21: seems to work in Win7, but not in Win10...

--
BjoernML (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)