Windows file dialog

Timo Steuerwald
Hello all,

is there a way how I can get the common windows open and save file
dialog in the windows version of GIMP?

Bye,

Timo

Re: Windows file dialog

Olivier Ripoll
Timo Steuerwald wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> is there a way how I can get the common windows open and save file
> dialog in the windows version of GIMP?
>
> Bye,
>
> Timo
Hi Timo,

Short answer: no.

Longer answer:
If you are a skilled gtk programmer, you can provide a patch to change
the gimp to use the "common" one or to emulate its look. However, I am
not enough an expert to evaluate the possibility that it could integrate
well with the existing code (i.e. not break the linux/*BSD code). And I
am not sure the developers would be happy to maintain several "window"
layouts in the code.

Remark:
There is not really any "common" open and save window under windows. My
notepad (MS program) open window is different from my Word (another MS
program) window. It is also different from the Matlab one or the Irfan
Viewer open window. Most of the applications provide their own window
most of the time. There seems to be a open window that is more often
used (at least under XP), so I guess you are taling about that one.

Best regards,

Olivier.

Re: Windows file dialog

Wolfgang Bauer
On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 21:13:43 +0200
Timo Steuerwald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> is there a way how I can get the common windows open and save file
> dialog in the windows version of GIMP?
>
> Bye,
>
> Timo

Hi
under windows, a long time ago i tested this one:

http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=3908

this might be what you are searching

bye

--
    .-.    |
    /v\    |  mail  to:   [hidden email]

Re: Windows file dialog

Timo Steuerwald
Wolfgang Bauer schrieb:

>Hi
>under windows, a long time ago i tested this one:
>
>http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=3908
>
>this might be what you are searching

Thanks! This should be the right thing :-)

Bye,

Timo

Re: Re: Windows file dialog

Sven Neumann

Olivier Ripoll <[hidden email]> writes:

> Longer answer:
> If you are a skilled gtk programmer, you can provide a patch to change
> the gimp to use the "common" one or to emulate its look. However, I am
> not enough an expert to evaluate the possibility that it could
> integrate well with the existing code (i.e. not break the linux/*BSD
> code). And I am not sure the developers would be happy to maintain
> several "window" layouts in the code.

You would probably provide that patch for GTK+. The file-chooser has
been designed with different implementations in mind. You'd have to
wrap the native file-chooser in a GtkWidget that implements the
GtkFileChooser interface.

Sven