Wilber

Gilberto-11
Hi

I live in Brasil
I?m planning to sell mugs with Wilber decoration.
Is this legal?

Gilberto

Re: Wilber

Olivier Ripoll
Gilberto wrote:
> Hi
>
> I live in Brasil
> I?m planning to sell mugs with Wilber decoration.
> Is this legal?
>
> Gilberto

Wilber logo is GPLed. So as long as you provide the source code of your
mug and carve the complete GPL licence on the bottom face of the mug,
there is no problem.

Olivier.

Re: Wilber

Erica De Jesus

--- Gilberto  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I live in Brasil
> I?m planning to sell mugs with Wilber decoration.
> Is this legal?
>
> Gilberto

Yeah, I think it is. If it is legal to sell GIMP, it
might be legal to sell mugs with Wilber. Refer to this
page: http://gimp.org/about/selling.html
Hope I helped.

Re: Re: Wilber

Michael Schumacher
Olivier Ripoll wrote:
> Gilberto wrote:

>> I live in Brasil
>> I?m planning to sell mugs with Wilber decoration.
>> Is this legal?

> Wilber logo is GPLed. So as long as you provide the source code of your
> mug and carve the complete GPL licence on the bottom face of the mug,
> there is no problem.

Hm, I'll try to give a more serious answer:

Basically, Olivier is right (if the Wilber is really GPLed). But you
don't have to carve the GPL into the mug (/me slaps Olivier).

What would be nice if each cup came with a short note explaining what
GIMP is and an offer from you to provide the source of the mug to your
customers (in this case, this would be the image ready for printing on
cups). IMO you don't have to provide the sources for the mug itself,
because this can be considered the platform Wilber is used on.

HTH,

The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp
    Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org     | .de: http://gimpforum.de
Plug-ins > http://registry.gimp.org |

Re: Wilber

Sven Neumann

Erica <[hidden email]> writes:

>> I live in Brasil
>> I´m planning to sell mugs with Wilber decoration.
>> Is this legal?
>>
>> Gilberto
>

> Yeah, I think it is. If it is legal to sell GIMP, it
> might be legal to sell mugs with Wilber. Refer to this
> page: http://gimp.org/about/selling.html

I'd be very careful about this. I am not a lawyer, but IMO it is wrong
to assume that selling things with the GIMP logo is legal without a
written agreement with the author of the artwork. But it is probably
safe to assume that noone is going to sue you if you donate a fair
share of your bargain to the GIMP project (http://gimp.org/donating/).

The page you referred to clearly only deals with selling the software.

Sven