Where was GIMP installed?

Users mailing list
I installed it today, but no desktop shortcut to it was created. And using
the Windows 10 'search' does not locate it no matter where I start!

I cannot use the program, if I cannot locate it.
--
Ed Kivi ... aka "GooRoo"

Confirmed Gruntzaholic ... no remedy possible!

Happy Gruntzing!!!

Re: Where was GIMP installed?

Michael Schumacher

On 2/14/20 8:05 PM, gooroo via gimp-user-list wrote:

> I installed it today, but no desktop shortcut to it was created. And using
> the Windows 10 'search' does not locate it no matter where I start!
>
> I cannot use the program, if I cannot locate it.

Works fine for me. What exactly did you install?

Re: Where was GIMP installed?

Jernej Simončič-3
On Friday, February 14, 2020, 20:05:18, gooroo via gimp-user-list wrote:

> I installed it today, but no desktop shortcut to it was created. And using
> the Windows 10 'search' does not locate it no matter where I start!

The shortcut is in the Start Menu. If this is the first time you
installed GIMP, it should be at the top, otherwise look under G.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

It's always darkest just before the lights go out.
       -- Clark's Law

Where was GIMP installed?

Luthien
>I installed it today, but no desktop shortcut to it was created. And
>using
>the Windows 10 'search' does not locate it no matter where I start!
>
>I cannot use the program, if I cannot locate it.

Windows search? You almost need to already know the location.

However, the search:  https://i.imgur.com/cr40rUa.jpg

The shortcut:  https://i.imgur.com/XfS9T9y.jpg

Why did you not get a desktop shortcut when you installed Gimp?  It is right on
the last page of the ***customise*** install option and off by default.