Quantcast

Where are "N", "M" dashes?

Rick Strong-2
I can’t seem to get an “N” or “M” dash out GIMP’s text editor.

Alt+0150 “–” and +0151 “—” work for me in other programs, just not GIMP.
Win 7, GIMP 2.8.16, Minion Pro font.
Any suggestions?

TIA,
Rick S.

Found Re: Where are "N", "M" dashes?

Rick Strong-2
Found it!

From Techwalla:

"Select "Use Editor" in the GIMP toolbox to display the text editor and then
press "Ctrl," "Shift" and "U" to enable direct Unicode entry. The text
editor displays a "u" to represent a Unicode character. Insert the symbol by
typing its Unicode value in the window and pressing "Enter.""

Unicode from unicode-table.com:

https://unicode-table.com/en/blocks/general-punctuation/
"General Punctuation is a Unicode block containing punctuation, spacing, and
formatting characters for use with all scripts and writing systems. Included
are the defined-width spaces, joining formats, directional formats, smart
quotes, archaic and novel punctuation such as the interobang, and invisible
mathematical operators."

Rick S.