When Color Managed Display is turned on in Windows?

When Color Managed Display is turned on in Windows?

rich404
What happens when "Color Managed Display" is turned on in Windows?
(and what about try to use system monitor profile checkbox?)

I have a software-corrected sRGB-gamma .icc profile loaded in Windows 7.
So the monitor displays more or less correct colors and relatively fine
intensity by default.

So should I define the same monitor profile in GIMP? When the colors are already
correct? If it adds to the image only difference of the mentioned profile with
OS-managed profile? so the correction is zero?

I guess,
If GIMP calculates difference of the mentioned profile with sRGB, then probably
colors should go out of control?

So should I set there my real monitor's profile, or sRGB, when the color is
managed by Windows?

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1213/original/Capture.PNG
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1214/original/Capture1.PNG

--
AndyJP (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

When Color Managed Display is turned on in Windows?

rich404
>What happens when "Color Managed Display" is turned on in Windows?
>(and what about try to use system monitor profile checkbox?)
>
>I have a software-corrected sRGB-gamma .icc profile loaded in Windows
>7.
>So the monitor displays more or less correct colors and relatively
>fine intensity by default.
>
>So should I define the same monitor profile in GIMP? When the colors
>are already correct? If it adds to the image only difference of the
>mentioned profile with OS-managed profile? so the correction is zero?
>
>I guess,
>If GIMP calculates difference of the mentioned profile with sRGB, then
>probably colors should go out of control?
>
>So should I set there my real monitor's profile, or sRGB, when the
>color is managed by Windows?

Does having the monitor profile on/off in either of Gimp / MS system affect the
way out-of-gamut colors are shown?

Otherwise, if there is no difference I would keep the monitor icm enabled in
Gimp  (just on the basic of no-visible-difference).

Want a better answer?  Best ask on https://discuss.pixls.us/

When Color Managed Display is turned on in Windows?

rich404
>Does having the monitor profile on/off in either of Gimp / MS system
>affect the way out-of-gamut colors are shown?
>
>Otherwise, if there is no difference I would keep the monitor icm
>enabled in Gimp  (just on the basic of no-visible-difference).
>
>Want a better answer?  Best ask on https://discuss.pixls.us/

As I said, the profile is loaded in Windows 7 for correcting the monitor. And
yes, it affects the output significantly. So, I afraid of double correction,
because the exact mechanism is not explained in terms of source1,
source2->operation->output.

--
AndyJP (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)