Quantcast

What format is an MSwindows icon in?

John Culleton-3
I am familiar with jpeg, png, tiff, eps and so on image formats.
But what format is an MSWindows desktop icon in? Is it one of the
well-known formats or is it a format all its own? I know the
suffix is .ico and it is in RGB color model.

--

John Culleton

Re: What format is an MSwindows icon in?

Erica De Jesus
John R. Culleton wrote:
I am familiar with jpeg, png, tiff, eps and so on image formats.
But what format is an MSWindows desktop icon in? Is it one of the
well-known formats or is it a format all its own? I know the
suffix is .ico and it is in RGB color model.

John,

An MS Windows desktop icon is in the .ico format. It means "Icon" format. A .ico format is well known too, as it is almost every icon's format. But don't get confused with formats. If you need help regarding formats go to http://www.filext.com, almost all formats are in their database. Hope I helped.

Erica