What ever happened to pluggable tools?

Luthien
I ran into a number of posts on this subject, the latest being maybe 2008. GIMP
has a wonderfully robust plug-in system and support for at least four languages;
but at the moment, we seem to be confined to registering to a menu. The ability
to create a custom brush, or to have the kind of flexibility in interface
control that has been implemented in, say, Blender, would be very useful to an
engineering-inclined designer.

Of course, the buck always stops somewhere and I do understand that this would
allow for unwarranted design-policy violations in the UI from random plug-ins.
I've been digging through the GIMP source and headers for a while, and haven't
found anything that looks like a candidate. Is this because it can't be done, or
am I just going code-blind?

--
Michael-Macha (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

What ever happened to pluggable tools?

Luthien
There is maybe some kind of error that is not giving the option for purchasing
the bitcoin currency. Most of the people always look for the Best Crypto sites
https://cryptolinks.com/cryptocurrency-exchange option which can help them for
purchasing the bitcoin which can also help give them support numbers of the
bitcoin team so that understanding of the currency should be clear.

--
Scott12 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

What ever happened to pluggable tools?

Luthien
Those tools bar options are not that much great for anybody who have been using
the old version so I would say you can still download old version just in case
you have already updated this one, also that does not support
https://www.bestessaytips.com/ content so its a big issue for my homework
routine.
that is the only reason we should avoid such things from being happening.

--
Robert88 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: What ever happened to pluggable tools?

Users mailing list
On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:25 PM Robert88 wrote:

> Those tools bar options are not that much great for anybody who have been using
> the old version so I would say you can still download old version just in case
> you have already updated this one, also that does not support
> https://www.bestessaytips.com/ content so its a big issue for my homework
> routine.
> that is the only reason we should avoid such things from being happening.

Frankly, I have a hard time understanding this email.

What are pluggable tools and what was supposed to happen to them?

Is this a reference to tool groups in the toolbox? Did you try
disabling this instead of downloading an older version?

What is the relevance of bestessaytips.com? Is this some clever spam tactic?

Re: What ever happened to pluggable tools?

Users mailing list
some spam seems to have leaked through...

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 3:41 PM Alexandre Prokoudine via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 10:25 PM Robert88 wrote:
> >
> > Those tools bar options are not that much great for anybody who have
> been using
> > the old version so I would say you can still download old version just
> in case
> > you have already updated this one, also that does not support
> > https://www.bestessaytips.com/ content so its a big issue for my
> homework
> > routine.
> > that is the only reason we should avoid such things from being happening.
>
> Frankly, I have a hard time understanding this email.
>
> What are pluggable tools and what was supposed to happen to them?
>
> Is this a reference to tool groups in the toolbox? Did you try
> disabling this instead of downloading an older version?
>
> What is the relevance of bestessaytips.com? Is this some clever spam
> tactic?
> Alex

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC