Quantcast

Wacom tablet on Gimp 2.8.20

rich2005
I have viewed a couple of tutorials on how to get Gimp to recognize my Wacom
tablet. I have other drawing and painting programs that recognize the tablet, so
I don't think it's drivers. I/m running it under Windows 10. (Which I love, BTW)

--
eingram25 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Wacom tablet on Gimp 2.8.20

Richard Gitschlag
Can you be more specific?  Does GIMP detect the tablet upon startup, does it have separate tools associated with the pen/eraser ends of the stylus, and what exactly (if anything) does it do when you try to use the tablet with a painting tool in GIMP?

-- Stratadrake
[hidden email]
--------------------

________________________________
I have viewed a couple of tutorials on how to get Gimp to recognize my Wacom
tablet. I have other drawing and painting programs that recognize the tablet, so
I don't think it's drivers. I/m running it under Windows 10. (Which I love, BTW)

--
eingram25 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>)
[http://www.gimpusers.com/assets/news_without_preview-35e621160a49ad0e6c18ac84161f548e.jpg]<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>

Forums — gimpusers.com<http://www.gimpusers.com/forums>
www.gimpusers.com
Forums. While there are many different GIMP forums of there, our own forums provide an extended way to communicate because they are connected to the official GIMP ...

mail.gnome.org
GNOME.org. Home; Mailing Lists; List Archives; Search

Wacom tablet on Gimp 2.8.20

rich2005
>Can you be more specific?  Does GIMP detect the tablet upon startup,
>does it have separate tools associated with the pen/eraser ends of the
>stylus, and what exactly (if anything) does it do when you try to use
>the tablet with a painting tool in GIMP?
>

>-- Stratadrake
>[hidden email]
>--------------------
>Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.

Gimp wasn't recognizing the tablet on startup. I found that if I started Gimp
with the tablet and not the mouse, it was recognized. So I was able to go ahead
and configure the tablet in Gimp and now I no longer have the problem. Sorry
about the lack of details. I keep forgetting that there are no mind readers
there. Thanks very much for the reply.

--
eingram25 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Wacom tablet on Gimp 2.8.20

Richard Gitschlag
Yeah ... classic case of GIMP failing to detect the tablet upon startup.  It's a very common problem with tablets in GIMP, but at least it's easy and quick to work around (once you know what to do).

-- Stratadrake
[hidden email]