Voxel Landscape

rich404
Hey Gang

I have been recreating a street with a voxel program (magicavoxel) and was
saving jpg screenshots to try and combine them to look like one continuous
photo.

Is this possible with Gimp and if so can someone point me in the right
direction.

To clarify I am not trying to put two images into one another but meet them up
at the border to look seamless.

Thank you very much for any help, it is much appreciated!

--
flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Voxel Landscape

Pat David
You could try something like Hugin.  It's normally used for panorama
stitching, but should be able to handle a linear panorama pretty easily...

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 2:58 PM flavum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Gang
>
> I have been recreating a street with a voxel program (magicavoxel) and was
> saving jpg screenshots to try and combine them to look like one continuous
> photo.
>
> Is this possible with Gimp and if so can someone point me in the right
> direction.
>
> To clarify I am not trying to put two images into one another but meet
> them up
> at the border to look seamless.
>
> Thank you very much for any help, it is much appreciated!
>
> --
> flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: Voxel Landscape

Dave Stevens
On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 20:13:56 +0100
flavum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Gang
>
> I have been recreating a street with a voxel program (magicavoxel)
> and was saving jpg screenshots to try and combine them to look like
> one continuous photo.
>
> Is this possible with Gimp and if so can someone point me in the right
> direction.
>
> To clarify I am not trying to put two images into one another but
> meet them up at the border to look seamless.
>
> Thank you very much for any help, it is much appreciated!

check out hugin

In modern fantasy (literary or governmental), killing people is the
usual solution to the so-called war between good and evil. My books are
not conceived in terms of such a war, and offer no simple answers to
simplistic questions.

----- Ursula Le Guin

Voxel Landscape

>You could try something like Hugin.  It's normally used for panorama
>stitching, but should be able to handle a linear panorama pretty
>easily...

Thank you very much for the recommendation, I will definitely be looking into
that!

--
flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Voxel Landscape

Alexandre Prokoudine
On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 12:15 AM, Pat David wrote:
> You could try something like Hugin.  It's normally used for panorama
> stitching, but should be able to handle a linear panorama pretty easily...

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/scans/en.shtml

Re: Voxel Landscape

>Hey Gang

>I have been recreating a street with a voxel program (magicavoxel) and was
>saving jpg screenshots to try and combine them to look like one continuous
>photo.

>Is this possible with Gimp and if so can someone point me in the right
>direction.

>To clarify I am not trying to put two images into one another but meet them up
>at the border to look seamless.

>Thank you very much for any help, it is much appreciated!

>--
>flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________

Basically, you are creating a panorama.

There ARE panorama-stitching plu-ins for GIMP.

http://www.shallowsky.com/software/pandora/
(the most current date on this page is 9/3/2007 so either it moved to another site or is no longer being maintained.
It may still work, however.)

http://stitchpanorama.sourceforge.net/
the download link says "Last Update:                        2013-04-01", so it seems more recent.

I personally use Hugin, which is a separate program to stitch panoramas.
(http://hugin.sourceforge.net/)
and about three years ago, the following exchange occurred on
http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-developer/16252-gimp-2-8

"
Akkana Peck

        2014-01-24 16:40:26 UTC (about 3 years ago)      permalink

Panoramas (was Gimp 2.8)

Partha Bagchi writes:

Akkana Peck used to have a panorama plugin called Pandora (http://www.shallowsky.com/software/pandora/). I don't know if she is stillmaintaining it.

I am still maintaining it (though Pandora hasn't changed in years)but Pavel is right that it doesn't re-project, nor does it do anyautomatic stitching. All it does is lay out images with a reasonableoverlap and layer masks so you can stitch them by hand.  Forcomplex panoramas, I use hugin, though I find it difficultto use and wish there was something easier.
        ...Akkana

"
and just below "Owen" says: "...Digikam. It seems to take the confusion outof huggin :-)"

Which seems to inply that Digikam uses Hugin.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-i-solved-a-digikam-panorama-hiccup/
which dates back a year and a half, shows how someone uses Digikam/Hugin, and solves some problem that a particular
version of Digikam has/had with a particular version of Hugin - as he/she says, the problem may have gone way by now...

Good luck!

-Scott

Voxel Landscape

>Thank you very much for the recommendation, I will definitely be
>looking into that!

Thank you for the input. Looks like Hugin is the way to go on this, saved me a
lot of time!

--
flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Voxel Landscape

>http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/scans/en.shtml
>
>Alex

Thanks alex, appreciate the input.

--
flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Voxel Landscape

rich404
>Thanks alex, appreciate the input.

Great community here ++

Thank you for the responses gang

--
flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Voxel Landscape

Partha Bagchi-2
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> >Hey Gang
>
> >I have been recreating a street with a voxel program (magicavoxel) and was
> >saving jpg screenshots to try and combine them to look like one continuous
> >photo.
>
> >Is this possible with Gimp and if so can someone point me in the right
> >direction.
>
> >To clarify I am not trying to put two images into one another but meet
> them up
> >at the border to look seamless.
>
> >Thank you very much for any help, it is much appreciated!
>
> >--
> >flavum (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
> _______________________________________
>
> Basically, you are creating a panorama.
>
> There ARE panorama-stitching plu-ins for GIMP.
>
> http://www.shallowsky.com/software/pandora/
> (the most current date on this page is 9/3/2007 so either it moved to
> another site or is no longer being maintained.
> It may still work, however.)
>
> http://stitchpanorama.sourceforge.net/
> the download link says "Last Update:                        2013-04-01",
> so it seems more recent.
>
> I personally use Hugin, which is a separate program to stitch panoramas.
> (http://hugin.sourceforge.net/)
> and about three years ago, the following exchange occurred on
> http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-developer/16252-gimp-2-8
>
> "
> Akkana Peck
>
>         2014-01-24 16:40:26 UTC (about 3 years ago)      permalink
>

> Panoramas (was Gimp 2.8)
>

> Partha Bagchi writes:
>
> Akkana Peck used to have a panorama plugin called Pandora (
> http://www.shallowsky.com/software/pandora/). I don't know if she is
> stillmaintaining it.
>
> I am still maintaining it (though Pandora hasn't changed in years)but
> Pavel is right that it doesn't re-project, nor does it do anyautomatic
> stitching. All it does is lay out images with a reasonableoverlap and layer
> masks so you can stitch them by hand.  Forcomplex panoramas, I use hugin,
> though I find it difficultto use and wish there was something easier.
>         ...Akkana
>

> "
> and just below "Owen" says: "...Digikam. It seems to take the confusion
> outof huggin :-)"
>
> Which seems to inply that Digikam uses Hugin.
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/article/how-i-solved-a-digikam-panorama-hiccup/
> which dates back a year and a half, shows how someone uses Digikam/Hugin,
> and solves some problem that a particular
> version of Digikam has/had with a particular version of Hugin - as he/she
> says, the problem may have gone way by now...
>
> Good luck!
>
> -Scott
>
> Also, if you look on my website now, you'll see that for Windows and Mac
you can use the 2.9 series which comes with a plugin for building
panoramas.

Partha